Wii support/Journeyman Project

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

If you could play an adventure game on your console, what would you choose?

Total votes: 0

Nitedrgn81

Wii support/Journeyman Project

Post by Nitedrgn81 »

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to ResidualVM, but I have been using ScummVM for quite some time on both my PC and Wii. I have two questions. If they've already been covered in a topic, I apologize. One, I was wondering if ResidualVM will be adding the Wii as one of it's supported systems. Two, will ResidualVM be adding support for some of my favorite adventure games, such as Journeyman Project, Buried in Time, Riven, Lighthouse, Myst IV, etc? It is SUCH a hassle to try and get DOSBox to run JMP on my Wii, and it would be so great if I could use the ResidualVM interface instead. I am aware of the Pegasus Prime project currently in progress (which wouldn't be a bad thing to add to ResidualVM) but it's incredibly hard to find.
mammoth5000

Post by mammoth5000 »

Riven uses the same engine "Myst 1" uses.... which is currently WIP for ScummVM. So will be supported in ScummVM at some point or if you download the WIP version of ScummVM you can play it now.. to what ever point it is playable.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Wii support/Journeyman Project

Post by clone2727 »

Nitedrgn81 wrote:Two, will ResidualVM be adding support for some of my favorite adventure games, such as Journeyman Project, Buried in Time, Riven, Lighthouse, Myst IV, etc? It is SUCH a hassle to try and get DOSBox to run JMP on my Wii, and it would be so great if I could use the ResidualVM interface instead. I am aware of the Pegasus Prime project currently in progress (which wouldn't be a bad thing to add to ResidualVM) but it's incredibly hard to find.
You do realize that none of those games are 3D, right? Oh, and it would be absolutely terrible to add pegasus to Residual.