Connections: It's A Mind Game (help please)!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

maccentris

Connections: It's A Mind Game (help please)!

Post by maccentris »

I see this game has been suggested in the past to be supported, to no avail :cry: here --> viewtopic.php?t=14658
I own the original Macintosh CDs from early 2000s, but I do not wish to emulate Mac right now, and I don't want to dig those CDs out (I installed them in my Mac then, been wanting to play the game since I switched to Windows in 2011).

I downloaded the Windows 3.1 version (from 'my abandonware') and was excited, but sad to see ScummVM won't work with the discs, even with both CDs mounted with PowerISO. Am I missing something please? Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get the game rolling?

Thanks! I want to play this game with my son, an amazing game ahead of its time! :)

Liliana
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: Connections: It's A Mind Game (help please)!

Post by dreammaster »

Forums Rule #0. No Warez. No Abandonware discussions. Please review the rules and respect them. It doesn't matter whether you own original CDs or not.
maccentris

Post by maccentris »

dreammaster wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:40 am Forums Rule #0. No Warez. No Abandonware discussions. Please review the rules and respect them. It doesn't matter whether you own original CDs or not.
Hmm, I must admit I didn't read those rules, but I'm unsure what that rule means, sorry. Most games that ScummVR can run have been abandoned by the original publishers (and also not supported, so they're 'technically' public domain). If you want to erase this post, you can do so, and I can respond to the post I pointed about above... same game, unsure why that post was allowed and mine isn't even though I own the original game discs, but let me know please. :oops:
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

There is no legality to the so-called concept of abandonware, and companies don't lose their rights to their software just because they don't sell them anymore or went out of business. Locking the thread.

Edit: for more details see https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=Copyright_FAQ