Where does Scumm save the config/gamelist and how to change?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Micha1982

Where does Scumm save the config/gamelist and how to change?

Post by Micha1982 »

Hello there,
after failing to run ScummVM on my Pi, I decided to go another way and created a Usb-stick for some old games.
My problem is, I want to use the stick not only in one Pc, and I don´t want do add anything again and again every time I use another pc -

so is there any way to get ScummVM to save (and load!) the config - especially the game-list and it´s games configuration - on that stick instead of wherever in Windows???
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

To be honest it's actually easier to just add the games again than to mess with the .ini file -- just Shift+Click on the add button to do a mass add, which will add all games within the subdirectories of wherever you choose.

Alternatively, the config file (in windows) is located in %APPDATA%\ScummVM regardless of where the games are.
tobybear

Post by tobybear »

You can change the paths in the ini file from absolute to relative paths to make the game locations drive letter independent.
And you can tell ScummVM to load the ini file from a different location, e.g. locally. I have my ScummVM installation and games on a USB stick and the ini file in the same director as the executable and start ScummVM with scummvm -c .\scummvm.ini so it can be universally used and is not stored on the user's hard drive.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

You might be interested in this thread. It explains how to do what you want. Toward the end of the thread (on the second page) it also gives a link to a portable version of ScummVM (i.e. that can be used on a USB stick).