Two Guys From Andromeda are back!!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Two Guys From Andromeda are back!!

Post by MusicallyInspired »

'Tis the season!

http://guysfromandromeda.com/

Holy goodness. And they're making a new game. Not Space Quest, but a sci-fi adventure with the same style of comedy. I'm so flabbergasted!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Unbelievable. Great news!

Eugene
MusicallyInspired

Their Kickstarter is up. They've already made a 10th of their goal ($500k).

http://tgakick.com
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Not sure about this one - a physical box is $100 but you do not get any digital elements... no PDF of concept art. How odd! I'd love to back each and every but my bank balance is noticing it... and the shelves are still bare!

Tex is a sure fire project for me to support :)
MusicallyInspired

You do get the art PDF, it's on the disc. Along with wallpaper, behind the scenes, bloopers, the soundtrack, etc. Also they've added a $115 tier which is the same as the physical $100 tier except you get one DRM-free digital download of the game as well, due to popular demand.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

I cannot argue with what I now read but I reckon the "DVD with concept art" is an updated statement on their reward chart.

Sadly the new tier is not a deal.. I could have pledged $100 + $15 to get a digital download. What makes anyone think this product is worth at least $15 more than Doublefine's Adventure, Replay's LSL remake, etc. With those I get a t-shirt and other cool stuff at the $100 level.

Also it seems that I now need to add a further $15 for international postage - which is fine, things that cost need to be paid for. But, not having it stated upfront meant it looked better value than the other kickstaters but now means it looks considerably worse. This change makes the kickstarter looked amateurish - surely postage should have been considered (it's not like previous campaigns didn't specify it).

Anyways, not bitching - just seemed an odd choice and the correction just makes it look less attractive compared to the others.

I would consider myself a fan of these games and will likely back all for something. I find the lack of game info on the campaign a tad troubling on this one. I also thought J. Jensen's campaign was a complete disaster when it was first rolled out but has since been cleaned up a bit (still not ideal but she's selling a dream rather than one game even though that's what we're getting...).
MusicallyInspired

Oh? Where was it specified that one needs to add $15 for shipping? I'll need to do that...
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

do you live out of country musicallyinspired? Only then do you have to add shipping.
MusicallyInspired

Like you'll see just under my avatar, I'm Canadian. Anyway, I found the note.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

It is a bit more nickel-and-dimey than other kickstarters up to this point. It doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for a new Two Guys game, but I can see how it might put some people off.
Red Paladin

Post by Red Paladin »

Definitely Can't wait to see what The Two Guy's come up with, I've always enjoyed playing their Space Quest series... :D
filipstamate

Post by filipstamate »

Hey, guys!

The tiers and rewards have been reworked in the meantime and now you get extra digital versions in the physical tiers as well. Plus, some other cool rewards have been added.
MusicallyInspired

You can now get one or both of the Space Quest GOG packages (1-3 and/or 4-6) for free at certain tier levels now! $50 gets you one, $150 gets you both.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Only $100 more for a voucher for a $10 game tat goes on sale for $2.99 at times? WHAT A DEAL! ;)

Not too mention steam has (had?) the entire collection on sale for like $4 last night.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

This one seems to be in some trouble, though. Nine days to go and not even at 60% of their goal. Tex Murphy is three-quarters there with 13 days to go, and probably will make it at this rate, but the Two Guy? Looks iffy.

Maybe it's a case of too many AG Kickstarters too close together. I doubt that most people attracted to Kickstarter projects have very deep pockets, and the projects we're talking about are all making touches on the same set of people. There's only so much money out there.