Myst?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wonderbob

Post by wonderbob »

Never mind I copyed the files again and I was missing one file and now it ok :evil:
Ibis

Post by Ibis »

Hello there everyone,
I'm having the same problem as wonderbob (ScummVM couldn't find any game in that directory as shown on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 am).

I'm trying to play Myst, and i added all the needed files (as said here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles#Myst for the Windows version.)

I've tried it on my iphone in the normal directory as my other games (humongous etc,...) but it doesnt seem to work. I then tried to do the same on Windows, where it also didn't work; it always gives the same problem.

I also tried using all the files of the Myst CD, but that didnt work either. I dont really know what i'm doing wrong, so it'd be great if someone could help!

I'm in for a bit of Myst nostalgia ;)

cheers!
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Myst is not yet supported, so it won't be playable in the official builds. If you want to play it you'll have to compile it yourself at the moment, which can be a bit of a task. Once testing is complete you can download the daily builds and use those to play. I don't think it will be playable on iOS until it is officially supported though.
Ibis

Post by Ibis »

I think compiling it myself is a bit too far out of my league... Thanks for the explenation though, it seemed quite obvious but now i'm sure at least :)

Guess i'll just have to wait this one out
thanks!
Fexel

Post by Fexel »

Hey,

I've added the Myst Masterpiece Edition. It works. Intro movie didnt. Maybe it is a codec problem? Hm - pls, if someone can help me with this fact feel free to answer ;)
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

Fexel wrote:Hey,

I've added the Myst Masterpiece Edition. It works. Intro movie didnt. Maybe it is a codec problem? Hm - pls, if someone can help me with this fact feel free to answer ;)
Yes. There are codecs missing and they need to be integrated into ScummVM. There's a reason it's still unsupported. :P
Fexel

Post by Fexel »

fuzzie wrote:
Fexel wrote:Hey,

Yes. There are codecs missing and they need to be integrated into ScummVM. There's a reason it's still unsupported. :P
Is it possible to add these codecs by hand?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Fexel wrote:Is it possible to add these codecs by hand?
Sure. Depends on how your C and C++ are. You'd need to code a new Codec class into ScummVM for SVQ1 and SVQ3 (based on either documentation or the FFmpeg/libav source code) by hand.
Fexel

Post by Fexel »

clone2727 wrote:
Fexel wrote:Is it possible to add these codecs by hand?
Sure. Depends on how your C and C++ are. You'd need to code a new Codec class into ScummVM for SVQ1 and SVQ3 (based on either documentation or the FFmpeg/libav source code) by hand.
I see - so i have to wait cause my c or c++ abilites are not very good. Similar to a turtle trying to speak a language^^1