Various problems on nokia n73

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gioita90

Various problems on nokia n73

Post by gioita90 »

Hi!
I have some problem with symbian port on n73.
Changing audio options in main menu (volume, output rate, text & speech, midi options,ecc...) have no effect to games, only in game audio options works fine, i have some crashes with no reason (without memory error) and in Sam & max i have some problems with dialogues (usually i cant select options in dialogues because this exits).
Sorry for my very bad english! bye!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Various problems on nokia n73

Post by eriktorbjorn »

gioita90 wrote: Changing audio options in main menu (volume, output rate, text & speech, midi options,ecc...) have no effect to games, only in game audio options works fine,
The main options dialog are the default settings. Sometimes, they're the only settings, but many of them are duplicated in the edit game dialog, allowing you to override the defaults on a per-game basis.

If the game has its own, in-game options dialog, those settings are usually saved the same way as if you had used the edit game dialog. (Sometimes, such in-game dialogs have options unique to that particular game, but they to are saved for the game, not as global options.)

Setting an option in the main options dialog will only affect games where the setting hasn't been made specifically for that game. Perhaps that's why the main options dialog doesn't do anything for you?
gioita90

Post by gioita90 »

because if i change some options in main audio menu they have no effect on every game! (i tried on sam & max and monkey island 1 and 2)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Depends of course what kind of settings the actual game supports. I.e if the game does not have pc beep music, you will get default music. It also depends on the version of the game you have. There are several different versions of MISL1, from the EGA 16 colour floppy version (PC), to VGA enhanched PC version with cd audio music.