Broken Sword I An Interesting Bug..any ideas?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CrisGer

Broken Sword I An Interesting Bug..any ideas?

Post by CrisGer »

I am reveling in my first play thru of Broken Sword I with the ScummVM engine, how nice it is!!!! Has been years.

But, i ran into a bug i was not expecting. I did indeed get the Syrian Market one but backtracked and was able to get past it. Hooray.

But now, we are stuck again. At the dig site, in Paris, where you have to get the worker to go down to check the phone. I cant get the phone topic to appear on the lower bar of topics. Any ideas? i cant call Nicole again she wont talke to me any more. i have pushed everything and talked about everything and shown all the stuff in my top of the screen inventory to the worker...and i cant walk away because no hand symnbol appears. I am stuck. Help please if anyone has any ideas. I hear that this was one bug that the engine helps with. So i am eager to see if there is a away. thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword I An Interesting Bug..any ideas?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I haven't heard anything about a bug in this section of the game. Maybe you're confusing it with the "Pyramid bug" in Broken Sword II, or maybe I'm the one who's mistaken.

I just re-played that scene, and the phone appeared as a conversation subject with the worker after I had tried using the copy of the guard's key (you didn't mention if you had made any) on his paint pot.
CrisGer

Post by CrisGer »

ah ha!
i had not tried my key copy on the pot!

i will try that!!!!!!!!!!

hoooray! i was maybe going to have to use a save game, i hate doing that. thanks so much!!!!!

/me runs off to Paris.
CrisGer

Post by CrisGer »

It worked ..i am so grateful thanks again.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Happens to us all :P