A couple problems in Beneath a Steel Sky

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

arbitraryrectory

A couple problems in Beneath a Steel Sky

Post by arbitraryrectory »

im using version 0.9.1 and running it in windows XP

1)I can't save my games. I press F5 and it does nothing. I've looked for other ways to save but there doesn't appear to be any

2)I can't run it fullscreen. For some reason when I turn Fullscreen on in either the game itself or Scummmv then it exits out of the window as soon as i try to go to it. it works occaisonally, (it stays on screen), but the actual game is still only window size with black space surrounding it.

Any help with these problems would be appreciated. Thanks.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

is it only with that game?

i suspect its a faulty download/install... try re-downloading and re-installing
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: A couple problems in Beneath a Steel Sky

Post by eriktorbjorn »

arbitraryrectory wrote: 1)I can't save my games. I press F5 and it does nothing. I've looked for other ways to save but there doesn't appear to be any
I wonder if it could be the same kind of problem as has been discussed in some earlier threads, like this one or this one.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Does Beneath a Steel Sky even use F5 for saving? I don't have my copy handy at the moment, but as I recall, wasn't there a special icon that appears along with the inventory when you move the cursor to the top of the screen that allows you to save or load games?

Particularly with the older games, F5 hadn't become a standard for saving games, and as ScummVM reimplements the games exactly, you need to use the games' original method for saving.
clem

Post by clem »

dreammaster wrote:Does Beneath a Steel Sky even use F5 for saving? I don't have my copy handy at the moment, but as I recall, wasn't there a special icon that appears along with the inventory when you move the cursor to the top of the screen that allows you to save or load games?

Particularly with the older games, F5 hadn't become a standard for saving games, and as ScummVM reimplements the games exactly, you need to use the games' original method for saving.
nope, BASS uses F5 for saving/menu (even in the DOS version as far as I remember)

there's also no way to enter the menu from the inventory

clem

(btw: I think FOTAQ used F1 and the notebook in the inventory, and ScummVM added support so also F5 opens the menu now, just like F1)
Advent07

Post by Advent07 »

yes i just installed BASS and the f5 didn't seem to work at first....then it suddenly did!!

it uses alt + enter to go fullscreen...i set the scumm vm interface options for fullscreen too.

:)