iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tx0min

Post by tx0min »

clem wrote: I am not sure I follow you here - CoMI/the Dig do not come with audio tracks, so you can't directly convert from mp3 to ogg via a general purpose audio editor like audacity

the reason these games work on PC is probably that the Windows version of ScummVM comes with mad support built-in
Well, actually I'm using a ripped compressed version. All the audio tracks were compressed in mp3, and i converted these to ogg. It seemed tot work with 20071114. In digg i was able to see the spaceship and fly arround a bit, and in COMI it was not playable, but at least intro worked and i was able to walk in the boat room with wally. Both games had sound and voices.

I have the original CDs of both games (and all Lucasarts ones), but i don't know hoy to copy these to my iPhone. If i knew hoy, i could try.

thanks
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

tx0min wrote: I have the original CDs of both games (and all Lucasarts ones), but i don't know hoy to copy these to my iPhone. If i knew hoy, i could try.

thanks

Check this page: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles

It tells you exactly which files that ScummVM needs to be able to run a game. Just copy those over to a directory on your iPhone, nothing else needs to be done (you -can- compress the audio to Ogg as well of course, but it'll run without).
tx0min

Post by tx0min »

Thank you!!
I'm at work right now, but i'll give it a try this evening.
Yes, here in Spain it's 9:30 in the morning ;)
R91

Post by R91 »

I think that tx0min has the same problem that I have but he is in 1.1.1

Tx0min Please go to:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4764

And Check if you have the same problem
R91

Post by R91 »

Maniac Mansion (v2/dos/spanish) works perfect and Monkey Island 2 (Dos/Spanish) is fully playable but neither some text in the intro doesn't appear

Version:20071119_2329
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Updated! And thanks for the continued input, everyone :)
R91

Post by R91 »

With the last version (20071120_2321) Monkey Island 2 (Dos/Spanish) show all text in the intro and COMI (Windows/Spanish) works
Last edited by R91 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpARC

Post by SpARC »

That was the palette fix i think.. works since it for me. German version
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Updated :)
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

The original post has changed -- I'll no longer be updating the first post of this thread with the changes, because the official list has moved to the iPhone wiki page. See the original post for details.

Keep submitting your successes and failures here, though, and I'll keep updating the list in its new location!
Arshlan

Post by Arshlan »

I've got Originals versions of all the games i've tested so far, nothing downloaded except Lure of The Temptress English Version (MY french version does not work) which is free on the editor's website

Version Used : 20071120_2321

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (DOS/VGA/FRENCH): Playable (fight with keyboard)

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (DOS/Floppy/FRENCH) : ok,fight by tapping screen

Bargon Attack (DOS/FRENCH) : Requires you to tap F1 to start,intro running fine but seems like it's looping bringing you back to the menu asking to tap F1 and then crashes back to springboard.Also,same thing happens if you try to ESC the intro.

Elvira 2 (DOS/Floppy/FRENCH) : Working good (was very slow and crashing with the november 19th version)

Ween The Prophecy (DOS/FRENCH) : Working but very hard to toggle Menu( impossible?) so unable to test if saving is working. (was very slow and crashing with the november 19th version)

Legend Of Kyrandia (DOS/FRENCH) : Working quite well,though i don't know how to interact with items after picking them up (anyone knows?)

Future Wars (DOS/Floppy/FRENCH) : OK but requires game manual (that i have) as protection.At least,french version does

Lost in Time (Floppy/FRENCH) : Crashes back to springboard after copy protection question.

Lure of the Temptress (DOS/Floppy/ENGLISH) : Working but cant't get menu to pop up.Therefore you can't quit the game or save (though save menu is popping,you can't click on it) (?). Interaction Menu is a bit tricky to use (move too quickly through).French version not running at all.

Nippon Safes (DOS/CD/Multi-Lingual) : crashes back to springboard at launch

Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (DOS/CD/FRENCH) : Randomly crashing back to springboard (when clicing on items in inventory at bottom of the screen) and loading a savegame crashes back to springboard as well.

Lost In Time (DOS/FRENCH) : My version is seen as Gobliins 2 in ScummVM (dunno why though) and crashes back to springboard after copy protection.

I also tested some sierra games (like king's quest,space quest and police quest) but i was wondering if the remakes (VGA) are working with ScummVM? I tried some but it seemed unable to find the games in the directories.Anyone been able to? or the king's quest that you guys tested are the EGA ones?
Last edited by Arshlan on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

The Legend of Kyrandia is fully playable.
No known bugs found so far (only played for a couple of minutes)

ScummVM version: 20071120_2321
Kyrandia version: DOS/English
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Arshlan wrote:The Curse of Monkey Island (Ripped/FRENCH) : Well, my version (rip) seems to have a problem.Crashes at launch bringing the debug mode saying "can't open...musdish1.bin (musdisk1.bin?)".Too small to read what the name of the file is.
Please, read the forum rules before posting, you violated forum rule #0. Pirate versions are not supported in any way. There is no such version as "Rip"
Last edited by md5 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Arshlan wrote:I also tested some sierra games (like king's quest,space quest and police quest) but i was wondering if the remakes (VGA) are working with ScummVM? I tried some but it seemed unable to find the games in the directories.Anyone been able to? or the king's quest that you guys tested are the EGA ones?
Only the older Sierra games, which used the AGI engine are supported. The newer Sierra games, which use the SCI engine, are not. Work on SCI is done by the FreeSCI project
R91

Post by R91 »

Ok sorry,

I edit my post