What is 1c format of FOTAQ dl on the dl list?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CrisGer

What is 1c format of FOTAQ dl on the dl list?

Post by CrisGer »

I thought i would explore the versions of FOTAQ on the download list here, and the first one, the one for mp3 downloads as a 1c file and the only description i can find is a mac file format but nothing will open it on xp is it a Mac file?

nevermind...just loaded it up and it loaded the game. compressed format. thanks
Last edited by CrisGer on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

Are you asking about how to run the game? Because all you have to do is point ScummVM to the directory containing queen.1c and voila, you can play the game.
clem

Post by clem »

The FOTAQ files on the download page should be zipped; the vanilla data file off the original CD is called QUEEN.1 - compressed versions of that file are called QUEEN.1C (c for compressed) - there is no indicator in the filename alone if flac, ogg or mp3 compression was used.

QUEEN.1C files also will not need QUEEN.TBL because the compressed files have the index where which file inside the container starts inside the file (as opposed to the original QUEEN.1 files where this information was in the .exe file and therefore had to be provided externally)
CrisGer

Post by CrisGer »

thanks guys,..ys figured that out much appreciated. Running well as well as my original which is pretty old :)