Getting ScummVm to load

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

guymorgan

Getting ScummVm to load

Post by guymorgan »

Sorry about this, I have only just bought my PSP today, I have been saving for a while. I have been looking forward to playing monkey island on it.

So any way my PSP is on version 2.82. I tried to install eLoader 0.95 and then eLoader 0.95. I get the same problem each time. I have a picture set as my background (a jpg, should it be a tiff?)

Anyway when I open the eloader folder the 'AAA' gif picture is in it but the other file does not display (shows a picture of a torn file) and says Corrupted Data. (This happens with version 0.05 and 0.99)

I thought that this may not matter so I went ahead and tried to load scummVM from the games menu. When I hover over the selection for scummvm the background picture for it loads but when I select it I get, "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted"

Can any one help me? Thank you.
jak66

Post by jak66 »

How to run ScummVM on your PSP (All firmwares covered) (<-- did you check that thread?)

For you to get ScummVM on your PSP, you need to upgrade to 3.03, then use GTA exploit to degrade (As ScummVM doesn't work on Hen303)
guymorgan

Post by guymorgan »

Thanks for your help.

I have heard it said many times that you should degrade, but I am not keen on doing it. I hear it can brake your psp, plus I won't have a web browser any more.
Hkz

Post by Hkz »

Well...if you simply downgrade to 1.50 you won't have a firmware, that's true. Anyway you can downgrade and then upgrade to 3.10 OE, which lets you use homebrew, the integrated psx emulator, a browser...and you'll have definitely more feature than in your current 2.82 version.
guymorgan

Post by guymorgan »

Hmm... thanks.

I am still unsure if i should degrade my psp due to the fact it may brake. I have only just got it and I am unwilling to go and wreck it just yet.
jak66

Post by jak66 »

providing you follow the instructions in that post i linked exactly it should work (I was degrading my psp at the time of writting), it is about as dangerous as using an official update
sfaok

Post by sfaok »

I've found that if you follow the instructions properly and take your time throughout the whole process then the risk really is miniscule. To date I've done 7 or so PSP's, downgrading them to 1.50 and subsequently upgrading to 3.10OE and not bricked a single one so far.

My advice would be to make sure all your downgrading/upgrading files come from a reputable website, read and re-read whatever guide you choose to use and take your time. After that, it doesn't seem quite as daunting and scary.
guymorgan

Post by guymorgan »

Ok, I think I will give it a try soon as I get the time, I will let you guys know ow it goes.