Main Menu Cursor problem with SVN build

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Hkz

Main Menu Cursor problem with SVN build

Post by Hkz »

Hi to everyone,
today i buildt latest scummvm checkout from svn, with support for libmad, libmpeg2 and libtremor (latest version of the toolchain too).

The cursor doesn't show up in the main menu (it is invisible, because you can still try to select things moving the analog stick randomly and pushing X), but starting a game makes it appear and the software works without problems.

Is it a known problem, or am i doing something wrong during the building process?
sfaok

Post by sfaok »

Joostp is the guy to help you out on the PSP port, but I haven't seen him around on the msg boards for awhile.

Any chance you could post that build for download somewhere ? Wouldn't mind trying out some of the newly supported games on my PSP. I don't mind working around the cursor problem if it doesn't affect the games themselves.
Hkz

Post by Hkz »

hmmm... probably i should open a bug report, maybe in this way it could be easier to reach him.

Anyway...well here's your build (from a svn checkout of one or two hours ago): http://belzebub.servebeer.com/~night/SC ... 022007.zip

Please remember, it's hosted on one of my servers, and where i live there's no broadband, so i will keep it online only for a day or two... by the way, if anyone out there could give me some space, i could upload weekly (more or less) svn psp builds of scummvm for everyone to use.

PS
My internet connection is also a bit...unstable (Thanks Telecom Italy...bah), so if the link isn't active, try after an hour or two.
sfaok

Post by sfaok »

Thanks alot, appreciate it. I managed to grab it with no problems.

Tried out Gobliins 2, but seemed to be really laggy, I imagine the code would be need to be optimized at some point. Though, its good to be able to try some new games out on the PSP build.

Is the build running at 222mhz or 333mhz ?
Hkz

Post by Hkz »

222mhz i think, as i didn't change any part of the source code (and as far as i remember the official port is running at that speed)... maybe i could take a peek at the sources and try to build a 333mhz binary, which would be useful with COMI.

EDIT:
I buildt a version with a dirty hack to enable 333mhz and kernel mode (or at least it should :) ), you can find it here:
http://belzebub.servebeer.com/~night/SC ... 333mhz.zip
sfaok

Post by sfaok »

I don't think the 333mhz hack worked, or at least it didn't on my 3.10OE (Don't know if that would be a factor). I tested Simon 2 which lags on a 222mhz with sound and it didn't run as fast as the 333mhz build.

To be honest, I'm really grateful for the unofficial build, as I can finally play Touche, which seems to run rather well. So thanks again and thanks for trying to get it to run at 333mhz as well.
Hkz

Post by Hkz »

Right...looking at the sdk docs i didn't use the right function to overclock. Hope i've got it right this time... i've uploaded another build at the same place...anyway this evening i'll take out my copy of COMI and crosstest the (probably) overclocked and normal build.
Nicodemus82

Post by Nicodemus82 »

just wanted to say thanks for these builds...it's good to finaly get to test touche on my psp:) and it worked pretty fine with the 333mhz build, but for some reason my broken sword 1 wouldn't work with it...
sfaok

Post by sfaok »

Thanks for the 333 build. Working fine now, Touche seems to run smoother at 333 as well.

As for Broken Sword, I think that may have been broken in one of the most recent official build as well. I'm using a compressed version so not sure if thats a factor. Might be worth digging out the CD's to copy across the uncompressed files and test that out. I'll probably do that at the weekend; I wouldn't mind playing the BS games again.

Only tried out BS1, so BS2 might be ok. BS1 froze at menu screen, when selecting new game.
Hkz

Post by Hkz »

Hmmm... i'd try BS1 too, if i only could find my copy, it should be in one of the boxes i packed when i moved from my old house.
Sigh...
Anyway, this evening (Italy time) i'll build a more recent version, and put it online, maybe the coders have smashed the BS1 bug in the meantime.
Nicodemus82

Post by Nicodemus82 »

yeah, I'm also using a compressed version of BS1.. it works fine on the other version of scummvm I have on my psp. version 0.9.1svn well, I say fine, I mean everything except the cutscenes that is.. I'll test BS2 and a few other games this weekend and post my results...
so, ur from Italy Hkz? cool! most of my fathers family live there(he's italian) but I have never been there myself..
anyway thanks again for these builds:)
Hkz

Post by Hkz »

Yes, i'm from Italy (from the land of the eternal fog, precisely: Emilia Romagna)...nice country...until you have to live in it.

I've done another build, this time i placed a little hack at the startup: you can select the cpu clock (actual speed or 333mhz).
If you want to try it's here:
Track505

Post by Track505 »

Hkz wrote:Yes, i'm from Italy (from the land of the eternal fog, precisely: Emilia Romagna)...nice country...until you have to live in it.

I've done another build, this time i placed a little hack at the startup: you can select the cpu clock (actual speed or 333mhz).
If you want to try it's here:
Cursor in Menu visible here?
Hkz

Post by Hkz »

Alas no. I've opened a bug notification....i hope that this will be fixed soon.
Nicodemus82

Post by Nicodemus82 »

thanks mate:) I'll give this a try...