I am a newbie/idiot..is there hope for me?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Advent07

I am a newbie/idiot..is there hope for me?

Post by Advent07 »

hi everyone,

I'm currently waiting (ages) for my BS 1+2 doublepack from amazon..so obviously i need something to keep me going.....BUT....i'm not good with anything computer related really....so even though i'm keen to have a play of 'Beneath a steel Sky' i'm intimidated by all of this techy info..

i've had a look at the feeble files thread, and even that looked a bit much...:oops:

Is it simply a case of downloading the CD version to a CD and installing/ running it from there or will i have to get to grips with this stuff properly?

If you guys think the best info is in the feeble files thread then i'll try from there but if there was an easier way i'd realy like to try it!....in the mean time i'm going to have a go at the free version of 'Lure of the Temptress' from the revolution site....

thanks for your help!

:)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: I am a newbie/idiot..is there hope for me?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Advent07 wrote: i've had a look at the feeble files thread, and even that looked a bit much...:oops:
The Feeble Files is, for various reasons, one of the trickier games to get to run under ScummVM. A lot of the files are in CAB archives on the CD, and the movie cutscenes have to be re-encoded for ScummVM to understand them. Beneath a Steel Sky is a walk in the park by comparision. There's a step-by-step tutorial (for which I take no credit) for Flight of the Amazon Queen but the process should be almost identical.
Advent07 wrote:in the mean time i'm going to have a go at the free version of 'Lure of the Temptress' from the revolution site....
That game isn't supported by ScummVM at this time, but if all else fails you could always try DOSbox.
Advent07

Post by Advent07 »

i waas right i am an idiot!!

i have got BASS and Amazon Queen running with the scumm vm..and lure works on its own!

thanks for the reply...i thought 'the feeble files' was just the name of the thread!

doh! :roll:

:lol: