Dumb question about Indy Jones and the last crusade...

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kefky

Dumb question about Indy Jones and the last crusade...

Post by Kefky »

I was wondering if it's possible to use the original "save\load\quit" screen for this and the other early scumm games while using scummvm. I know it's silly, but the original screen for Indy has some fairly important "status" info, like the indy quotient" stuff, that I like to use, and as for the others... well, I guess it's just nostalgia. Either way, I'd just thought I'd ask. :)
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

Just hit the "I" key to see your Indy Quotient.

Regarding your question, I dont believe the original save/load screens work.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

exofreeze wrote:Just hit the "I" key to see your Indy Quotient.
I thought that only worked in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, not in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
exofreeze wrote:Regarding your question, I dont believe the original save/load screens work.
In the development version of ScummVM, you can press Alt-F5 to show the original save/load screen, but don't expect them to work for saving/loading. Also, I heard a while ago that ScummVM doesn't track the IQ points correctly in Last Crusade. I don't know if that's still the case.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I think the IQ points for the Fate of Atlantis aren't working properly, either
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote:I think the IQ points for the Fate of Atlantis aren't working properly, either
Could you elaborate, and/or file a bug report?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

If memory serves well, indy had a max IQ point score of 1000. In ScummVM, the maximum score doesn't start with that value, and is increased each time an IQ point is added, thus ending in weird endings like "you scored 878 IQ points out of a possible 878".

I might be mistaken though, it's been ages since I played the game under DOS, but still, I don't think the original behaved like that
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote:If memory serves well, indy had a max IQ point score of 1000. In ScummVM, the maximum score doesn't start with that value, and is increased each time an IQ point is added, thus ending in weird endings like "you scored 878 IQ points out of a possible 878".
I don't think I've ever seen Fate of Atlantis tell me the maximum IQ points. Only the current and total.
Kefky

Post by Kefky »

Alright, guys, thanks for the info anyway. :)