Mingw compiled libraries should go to lib/mingw and the following set of files renamed:
- libFLAC.a to libFLAC_static.a
- libogg.a to libogg_static.a
- libtheora.a to libtheora_static.a
- libvorbisfile.a to libvorbisfile_static.a
- libz.a to libzlib.a
That's exactly what I was in the middle of doing, discovering by myself, so your post is a real blessing.
- I got the "_static" thing. But it's the opposite, I believe. You have to remove "_static" from the names.
- zlib is also OK. I've fed the path to the zlib library manually (therefore I didn't have to change the name - different solution, same result).
- same thing for sdl.a : I had to give the full path. For some strange reason, SDL.a is not detected.
But I still have questions :
1/ opengl32.a and winmm.a. EDIT:
Provided by the compiler, in CodeBlocks/MiGW
2/ why do you say I have to move the libraries to SCUMMVM_LIBS/lib/mingw? I believe they're already in the right path. Am I wrong?
3/ The compiler complains that <scummvm>/common/scalers/hq2x_i386.o and /hq3x_i386.o are not there. Since they're added by a module.mk when USE_NASM is enabled, I have commented them out, but that's not a good idea as then I have undefined references (e.g. "hq2x_16") and I'm pretty sure that's the cause.
4/ SDL doesn't work so well. I have plenty of undefined references... I've downloaded the latest SDL devl for minGW32, but there is only libSDL.la, not SDL.a. But anyway it's SDL 1.2.14, whic is already the one included in the package with all libraries from the Wiki page, i.e. the one I'm using. I don't understand why there are those undefined references.
What do you think ?