Monkey 1 Czech - MD5 - 2 developer

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
baja.ja
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Monkey 1 Czech - MD5 - 2 developer

Post by baja.ja » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:15 am

Platform: PC
Language - Czech
Directory list of Monkey Island CZ C:\micz

15.02.2006 12:19 <DIR> .
15.02.2006 12:19 <DIR> ..
18.12.2005 12:58 419 !cti!.txt
09.08.1996 12:15 20 736 ADLIB.IMS
18.12.2005 12:46 8 955 MONKEY.000
18.12.2005 12:46 4 775 907 MONKEY.001
06.09.1996 18:49 113 359 MONKEY.EXE
06.09.1996 18:26 227 MONKEY.INI
22.07.1997 18:28 967 MONKEY.PIF
15.05.1992 14:32 18 976 ROLAND.IMS
09.08.1996 12:15 24 904 SOUNBLAS.IMS
15.05.1992 14:32 20 062 SPEAKER.IMS

C:\zz\ScummVM>scummvm
Looking for monkey
Trying to start game 'The Secret of Monkey Island'
Unknown MD5 (33a108aae7231fb762bbe847f9c3dfb7)! Please report the details (language, platform, etc.) of this game to the ScummVM team

Czech version. Unofficial translation.
Thx for fix
Bye Jezyn

joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:25 pm
Location: Austria

Post by joachimeberhard » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:10 pm

For the CZECH translation of MonkeyCD, you should copy&paste the following entries to your ScummVM.ini file located in your windows-directory:

[monkeycdczech]
description=The Secret of Monkey Island (Czech/DOS)
gameid=monkey
language=cz
path=X:\Game
platform=pc
target_md5=2D1E891FE52DF707C30185E52C50CD92

Regards

Joachim

baja.ja
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Post by baja.ja » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:16 pm

2 joachimeberhard

thx thx thx ..... loooooovely ...... uaaaaa - I must go ....... play

baja.ja
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Post by baja.ja » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:06 pm

but I have music in some directory with game and I steel dont listen music, what I am doing wrong ? (the musics name is track1.ogg .... track23.ogg)

baja.ja
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Post by baja.ja » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:32 am

why dont play the music ? .... help me, please ..... I dont know, what I must doing...

baja.ja
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Post by baja.ja » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:18 am

anybody know some idea ?

User avatar
Raziel
ScummVM Porter
Posts: 1018
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:27 am
Location: A haunted Castle somewhere in the Bavarian Mountains
Contact:

Post by Raziel » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:54 am

As far as i know Monkey Island 2 does not use digital audio tracks.
You seem to mix Monkey 1 (which features digital audio tracks in the
CD version) and Monkey 2

The music is in MONKEY.001 (look at the size of the file).

Remove all of the ogg files and try again.

User avatar
Jimbob
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in the UK

Post by Jimbob » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:58 am

But he's playing Monkey Island 1!

joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:25 pm
Location: Austria

Post by joachimeberhard » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:10 pm

Raziel wrote:As far as i know Monkey Island 2 does not use digital audio tracks.
You seem to mix Monkey 1 (which features digital audio tracks in the
CD version) and Monkey 2

The music is in MONKEY.001 (look at the size of the file).

Remove all of the ogg files and try again.
You're getting things mixed up.

Mi1 czech is a translation of the CD version of mi1, which needs track1-24 either in mp3 or ogg to work.

if he has xxx.lfl and diskx.lec its the disk version with integrated music.

if he has monkey.000 and monkey.001, he needs cd-tracks.

@baja:

simply rip off all 24 audio tracks of your original english cd, and name them track1.ogg, track2.ogg ..... track24.ogg, without spaces, leading zeros (track01.ogg).

Then place your files with your mi1 game files.

User avatar
Raziel
ScummVM Porter
Posts: 1018
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:27 am
Location: A haunted Castle somewhere in the Bavarian Mountains
Contact:

Post by Raziel » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:38 pm

joachimeberhard wrote:
Raziel wrote:As far as i know Monkey Island 2 does not use digital audio tracks.
You seem to mix Monkey 1 (which features digital audio tracks in the
CD version) and Monkey 2

The music is in MONKEY.001 (look at the size of the file).

Remove all of the ogg files and try again.
You're getting things mixed up.

Mi1 czech is a translation of the CD version of mi1, which needs track1-24 either in mp3 or ogg to work.

if he has xxx.lfl and diskx.lec its the disk version with integrated music.

if he has monkey.000 and monkey.001, he needs cd-tracks.

@baja:

simply rip off all 24 audio tracks of your original english cd, and name them track1.ogg, track2.ogg ..... track24.ogg, without spaces, leading zeros (track01.ogg).

Then place your files with your mi1 game files.
Yay :shock:

Sorry, mixed it up completely :oops:

baja.ja
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Post by baja.ja » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:57 pm

yes, yes - its now OK, on PC - but why in scummvm for nokia 9500 (symbian s80) music not playing - das anybody know it ?

thans for your help

User avatar
Jimbob
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in the UK

Post by Jimbob » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:24 pm

baja.ja wrote:yes, yes - its now OK, on PC - but why in scummvm for nokia 9500 (symbian s80) music not playing - das anybody know it ?
The people in the SymbianOS forum will probably answer this question quicker. There's also a sticky post in the SymbianOS forum for the compatibility of the games with particular devices (see here). It's probably due to memory constraints or speed of the device you using I would guess (but I know next to nothing about SymbianOS).

Post Reply