Jones in the fast lane no Voices

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dark86

Jones in the fast lane no Voices

Post by Dark86 »

i tried multiply times butt can't get how to get it to read the Track file.which haves the Voice sampling in it how can i get it to read cd-rom.i had this problem before with indy 3.butt i can't renumber how i solve it sometimes scummvm acts if there cd not there?
bobdevis

Re: Jones in the fast lane no Voices

Post by bobdevis »

- Don't play games from CD. Copy the stuff to your hard drive first.

- Jones in the Fast Lane is not fully supported yet, you can check the reported bugs here and for best support you need to get the latest Scummvm SVN version (called daily snapshot/nightly build on the downloads page).

- Use some punctuation, please. You are about as comprehensible as my toddler nephew.
Dark86

Post by Dark86 »

bobdevis wrote:- Don't play games from CD. Copy the stuff to your hard drive first.

- Jones in the Fast Lane is not fully supported yet, you can check the reported bugs here and for best support you need to get the latest Scummvm SVN version (called daily snapshot/nightly build on the downloads page).

- Use some punctuation, please. You are about as comprehensible as my toddler nephew.

sorry about that :D

i did try the lasted build butt same problem i install the files from cd to harddrive?

works ok non other problems.only i can't find out how to get the voices to load in scummvm after it loaded up?

they on the cd i copy them as track2.butt not load is the lack the voices cause the audio to drop in some spots?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

In the Jones in the Fast Lane CD version, all of the voices are contained in the CD Audio track. In order for them to play, you will have to first rip the audio track. There is information in the ScummVM readme file about how to do this. Try using the program CDex.

Once you extract the audio, rename the compressed file to "track01.xxx" (without the quotes, where xxx is .ogg, .mp3 or whatever you compressed it as).

Oh, and to properly play, you should copy all of the files from the CD to a directory on your hard disk, and then point ScummVM to that directory.
Dark86

Post by Dark86 »

KuroShiro wrote:In the Jones in the Fast Lane CD version, all of the voices are contained in the CD Audio track. In order for them to play, you will have to first rip the audio track. There is information in the ScummVM readme file about how to do this. Try using the program CDex.

Once you extract the audio, rename the compressed file to "track01.xxx" (without the quotes, where xxx is .ogg, .mp3 or whatever you compressed it as).

Oh, and to properly play, you should copy all of the files from the CD to a directory on your hard disk, and then point ScummVM to that directory.
work like a charm thanks alot.all i had to do was change it form wav to mp3.now voices work as they should you was a big help i apprentice it dude :D
PointNRepeat

Post by PointNRepeat »

Hello to all...

I have tried everything to no avail... Can't get the speech out of the CD PC DOS Version.

It works in DOSBOX If I mount with the following :

mount d j:\games\jones -t cdrom -ioctl

but not in scummvm.

how can I extract the track files ? Any tips on that or a tutorial ?
Collector

Post by Collector »

You did rip the audio CD track, did you not?
PointNRepeat

Post by PointNRepeat »

I wasn't able to...
Collector

Post by Collector »

Use a CD audio ripper.
PointNRepeat

Post by PointNRepeat »

I only have the game files copied from the CD.

I don't have the physical disc anymore.
envisaged0ne

Post by envisaged0ne »

If you no longer have the disc, there is no way you'll get the speech to work, because the necessary files are missing
PointNRepeat

Post by PointNRepeat »

can you post them on the net or are they still copyrighted ?

But they work in DosBox !! So they are still there somewhere.
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

They are not public domain and they cannot legally be posted to the net. Sorry. Also, please see forum rule #0. Even though you may be a legitimate owner of the game, we cannot help you here. However, you can find a used copy on amazon or ebay for about $40 (which is about what I paid for it new when it came out).
PointNRepeat

Post by PointNRepeat »

ok. I will buy it *again*.

Also, can I know why the voices appear on dosbox without the CD present ?