Monkey 1 Ultimate Talkie Edition (released)

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mvickers03

Post by mvickers03 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:22 pm

ScummVM project is truly amazing, I was lay in bed last night playing Monkey 1 on my iPad thinking how cool it would be to get the voice acting on the old dos version.

Thank you so much to anyone remotely responsible for this happening, Will be getting this running tonight!

much love

elvisish

original sound fx?

Post by elvisish » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:38 pm

Is it possible to put the original sound fx from the original cd version of MI1 in the ultimate talkie? I always love the sounds fx as they originally sounded, and I'm not keen on the new sound fx!

KainXVIII

Post by KainXVIII » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Does these preferences works in ScummVM? Shows nothing when i press any combination (works in DOS version) and there is no monkey.cfg to manually set this options..
Preferences
===============
- CTRL-a toggles narrator mode.
- CTRL-p toggles Spiffy mode between "SE based VGA", "EGA scan" and "no closeup".
- CTRL-q toggles subtitle mode between "keep original text" and "match voice acting".
- Preferences are stored in monkey.cfg, which is loaded automatically whenever a new game is started.
- Music volume is saved whenever one of those toggles are used.
- Savegames contain their own settings overiding monkey.cfg when loaded, except for music volume.

elvisish

Post by elvisish » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Another bump, I'd like to use the original sound fx with the MI Talkie.

elvisish

Post by elvisish » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Still wondering if it's possible to use the original sound effects with ultimate talkie? Love the vocies but hate the new sound effects.

kynrek

Post by kynrek » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:46 am

How do I get Roland MT-32 sound to work with the ultimate talkie version in SCUMMVM?

the readme (listed below) only mentions putting a dummy track in the game folder. I tried this and MUNT does show the scumm 2.0.0 message when I start the game but I don't get any sound. I confirmed that my MUNT emulator works with the EGA version so I don't believe it is my configuration.

3.1 Playing it with ScummVM
===========================
- Just start the game as usual.
- Hint: If you prefer MIDI mode without any additional soundtrack, you can get rid of the ripping reminder by just putting a silent dummy track1 into the game folder.