T7G: Please Insert Disc

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Marshmello

T7G: Please Insert Disc

Post by Marshmello »

I've been having a little trouble with my copy of The 7th Guest in ScummVM...

When I first tried it, I tried to run it from the Disc 2 folder, and of course the game told me to insert Disc 1 (the folder from which ScummVM could not find a game file). I solved the problem by creating a folder with both of the Disc 1 and Disc 2 files, and to this point the game has run fine from there.

However, I am now at the end of the game, but before I can finish it I'm being prompted to 'Please Insert Disc Two'. I'm not sure what to do, since all of the Disc 2 files are already in the folder I'm running the game from, but I can't continue without 'inserting' the second disc. Is there a way to get around this, or is this as far as I can go in the game?
howl

Post by howl »

You should put all the files together, not cd1 and cd2 folders, the contents of both on the same folder.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

It should be completable. You might want to check this list http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... est.2C_The whether you got all files required.
Marshmello

Post by Marshmello »

I have at least one of each of those files in the folder that I'm running the game from.
howl wrote:You should put all the files together, not cd1 and cd2 folders, the contents of both on the same folder.
I don't really understand what you're trying to suggest... I've already "put all of the files together", but the only files that I have are from the two discs. What other files am I supposed to be putting together?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I've never played the game that far in ScummVM (the disc change is very near the end, from what I remember), but I think the engine is looking for a file called at.gjd to determine if the files from the second CD are present.

(Of course, if that one file is missing, chances are good that other files are missing as well.)
Marshmello

Post by Marshmello »

'at.gjd' is in the folder :/ And yes, the disc change is right before the final puzzle/cinematic... it's a little frustrating.