scummVM Channel Ultimate

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sopuli
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:12 am

Post by sopuli » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:18 pm

Mondscheinchen wrote:Rename the .elf to .dol :) It works perfect
It really does! If you have both the ELF and ELF renamed to DOL it'll also work through HBC.

User avatar
Mr_Nick666
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 am
Location: Bideford, Devon, UK
Contact:

Post by Mr_Nick666 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:50 pm

The loader checks for both .elf and .dol so both should work fine!

sopuli
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:12 am

Post by sopuli » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Weird. For me it doesn't. If there's only boot.elf it'll return to menu after the loading screen, but once I rename it to boot.dol it works. Using ScummVM 1.0.0rc1.

Mondscheinchen
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Mondscheinchen » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:29 am

My ScummVM works only if I rename it to .dol....
and I thought it was normal because of:
App: scummVM Forwarder (wilsoff)
App Description: The forwarder should attempt to load (in this order):
sd:\apps\scummvm\boot.dol
sd:\scummvm\boot.dol
usb:\apps\scummvm\boot.dol
usb:\scummvm\boot.dol

Destian
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Destian » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Doesn't work with .elf for me either.

User avatar
Mr_Nick666
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 am
Location: Bideford, Devon, UK
Contact:

Post by Mr_Nick666 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:59 pm

I stand corrected! Some of the newer forwarders we've made have .elf loading too. I forgot this didn't have it. :oops:

Mondscheinchen
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Mondscheinchen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Mr_Nick666 wrote:I stand corrected! Some of the newer forwarders we've made have .elf loading too. I forgot this didn't have it. :oops:
No Problem ;) as long as there is a workaround I'm more than happy with this Channel :)

User avatar
pankratz
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:27 pm

problem

Post by pankratz » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:21 pm

I love to use your forwarder, but since the last update of the homebrew channel it doesn't work anymore.
Can you update your channel with the new "destination-name"?

thanks!!!

fingolfin
Retired
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:12 pm

Post by fingolfin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Does the current version of this thing still misspell the name "ScummVM" as "scummVM" ? If so, it would also be nice if that was fixed.

User avatar
bingobot
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:13 am

Post by bingobot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Kinda new here with this wiistuff.. i've downloaded the newest version of scummvm and this forwarder wont load scummvm. Can i just make a copy of boot.elf and rename to boot.dol?

was there even a solution for this? is the forwarder too old now for the newest scummvm?


also, i updated my scummvm from 1.0 to 1.1 (at least the newest) and whenever i start up a game and choose Both for subtitles and voice, it wont save the settings for it. anyone know how to fix this?

User avatar
Red_Breast
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: The Bar Of Gold, Upper Swandam Lane.

Post by Red_Breast » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:09 pm

I can't help you with things like forwarders as I don't use them.
For the newest version possible of ScummVM for Wii use the Buildbot version at the bottom of the downloads page. It will be 1.2 whereas the latest stable version higher up the downloads page is 1.1.1.
I've never had a problem saving settings. The main menu has an Options button. Think of it as a sort of Global options. If you want to change a particular option in a game then once you've added a game select Edit Game. For example I keep all my save games in one folder which I select in the main menu's options. Some people might want to keep the saves in separate folders for each game and that's when you would use Edit Game and select a particular folder for that particular game.
Settings are kept in a 'scummvm.ini' file which will generate after starting ScummVM for the first time. You can open this in any text editor and check to see if they are being saved or not. Then you can work out if the problem is at your end or there is indeed something wrong. This file should be in the same directory as the .dol on your SD card.
By the way a lot of people miss it but there is another menu you can get with the 1 button on the Wiimote. I mention it simply as a lot of people don't notice it.

User avatar
bingobot
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:13 am

Post by bingobot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Red_Breast wrote:I can't help you with things like forwarders as I don't use them.
For the newest version possible of ScummVM for Wii use the Buildbot version at the bottom of the downloads page. It will be 1.2 whereas the latest stable version higher up the downloads page is 1.1.1.
I've never had a problem saving settings. The main menu has an Options button. Think of it as a sort of Global options. If you want to change a particular option in a game then once you've added a game select Edit Game. For example I keep all my save games in one folder which I select in the main menu's options. Some people might want to keep the saves in separate folders for each game and that's when you would use Edit Game and select a particular folder for that particular game.
Settings are kept in a 'scummvm.ini' file which will generate after starting ScummVM for the first time. You can open this in any text editor and check to see if they are being saved or not. Then you can work out if the problem is at your end or there is indeed something wrong. This file should be in the same directory as the .dol on your SD card.
By the way a lot of people miss it but there is another menu you can get with the 1 button on the Wiimote. I mention it simply as a lot of people don't notice it.
It worked fine with v1.0 of scummvm, but i upgraded to 1.1 and now 1.2, and i still cannot change the options regarding speech/subtitles/both. everything else i can change... i have no idea what to do.

As i dont really need the newest version to play the games, what version of scummvm did you make this channel for nick_666 ? where can i find that old version? id rather downgrade so things can work..

User avatar
Red_Breast
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 pm
Location: The Bar Of Gold, Upper Swandam Lane.

Post by Red_Breast » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Source Forge host the older versions as well.
Go to the link at the end. Under 'All files' are 3 main folders - extras, scummvm and scummvm-tools. Select the 'scummvm' folder then find the folder of the version number you want. Open that and then find the version for the desired platform. In this case the Wii.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/files/

User avatar
bingobot
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:13 am

Post by bingobot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Red_Breast wrote:Source Forge host the older versions as well.
Go to the link at the end. Under 'All files' are 3 main folders - extras, scummvm and scummvm-tools. Select the 'scummvm' folder then find the folder of the version number you want. Open that and then find the version for the desired platform. In this case the Wii.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/files/
ah good stuff mate! now all i have to do is to find out what version of scummvm works with the ultimate channel made by nick_666 :P

edit: since his post was made on Wed Jun 24, 2009, i guess 0.13.1 seems about right

User avatar
bingobot
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:13 am

Post by bingobot » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 pm

tested with 0.13.1, and the channel works. text+speech also works now, which doesnt work for me with 1.1 and 1.2. I get only speech.

another thing that kinda sux, is that with 1.1/1.2, COMI runs perfectly, smooth as silk. But for whatever reason, in 0.13.1, the game stutters and seems to lag abit :/

Kinda torn here, old version-> text+speech, working channel, but COMI isnt working 100%. and i have to exit scummvm and restart it to choose another game. gotta love more options in the newer versions

new version-> only speech, no channel, but 100% working COMI

Post Reply