The Dig french version : can't find "LANGUAGE.BND"

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gimli

The Dig french version : can't find "LANGUAGE.BND"

Post by Gimli »

Hi there ! First of all, congratulations for this great program and excuse-me for my bad english :wink:

I just bought a french version of The Dig and tried to install it. Everything's ok, except that I can't find the "LANGUAGE.BND" file, so it's running in english and I want it to be in french.

Is this file hidden ? Do I have to install something to find it next ?

Thanks a lot. I'm quite desperate, this game was my favourite when I was a child and I was so exciting to play it again :cry:
Gimli

Post by Gimli »

Nobody can help me ? :cry:
Exolon

Post by Exolon »

If you play your Version within DosBox, is it in English or French? I assume you Version is not a french, rather than an englisch one.
Gimli

Post by Gimli »

Thanks a lot for your answer !

What is DosBox ? When I play it with my PC (Windows XP SP2), it runs but without sound (maybe non compatibility with my sound card).

I'm pretty sure it's a french version, because the box and the booklet are in french. The only possibility is that the seller put an english disc in the french box, but why ? I don't think it is possible :?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Have you set the game's language to French from the ScummVM game launcher?
Gimli

Post by Gimli »

Yes :wink:

It really looks like it's an english disc in a french box, but I can't believe that :? Don't I have to install in a way the game in my computer and then to find the "LANGUAGE.BND" file in my HDD, something like that ? Or the "LANGUAGE.BND" is simply on The Dig disc ? If it is, can someone tell me in which folder it is ?
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

Moderator WARNING: This post violated forum rule #12

Edit: that don't happen no more. Sorry
Last edited by Harrypoppins on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

By the way, your signature also violates rule #12 :roll:
Matt

Post by Matt »

Don't you think you're being a bit too hard on Harrypoppins? Granted, the official language is English, so posting in French is considered a violation of the rules. But I'm pretty sure I've seen signatures in German and Spanish (probably other languages, too) several times in the past. No one has ever complained, to my knowledge at least.

@Harry: If you feel you can better assist a fellow Frenchman in French, please use private messages.
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

Yes, i understood it's not correct to talk french on forum ^^. One more time : i'm sorry about that :oops: , i've also remove my signature like there is no-one can be offenses. :)

I'dont know if it's a good idea, but make some topic for any langage. The spanich, german, dutch, french and other langages in the junkyard section can be usefull.
Of course it's just a proposition, not at all any provocation.
And, it's not so bad to use english, i'am worker-man and i never use english in my job XD , it's a good exercice for me.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Hi folks,

non-english signature are fine in my eyes (hey, I have one, too, in Latin ;).

We don't want non-english *postings* for two primary reasons:
1) So that everybody (well, at least everybody who speaks english) can benefit from the questions and answers here.
2) So that we know what is being said, in particular, whether our other forum rules (e.g. about warez) are being adhered to.

That said, we understand that many people are not fluent in english, and prefer to ask questions and get answers in their native tongue. There are many alternative forums for that, though.

Maybe we should consider opening subforums for french, spanish, german, ... but I am not sure that's really a good idea; we would also require sufficiently many moderators for each language. Will ponder this a bit.