soundfont suppport?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BeastOfSoda

soundfont suppport?

Post by BeastOfSoda »

well, the title says it all: i see the option to load a soundfont file in the symbian version, does it work? if so, how exactly? i'm used to load soundfonts through an external synth, so i wouldn't know how to proceed on mobile phones or which soundfont format would be supported, if at all.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

No support for that.

I wonder whether a typical Symbian device would have the horse power required to render music using a sound font...
BeastOfSoda

Post by BeastOfSoda »

just a stub then, gotcha. well, i guess it would need to use a highly optimized engine, maybe even some assembly bits here and there (which defeats the purpose of symbian), and unless the soundfont was very small come up with a way to keep the sound banks on the flash memory rather than loading it in the cramped RAM. too bad though :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Actually I have been running Timidity on a Open Transport Tycoon port, but it takes quite a lot of cpu and memory from the game it self. So I never thought that would be a good option for ScummVM, but who knows with 600 mhz S60v3 phones. :-)