I have no Mouth - and ScummVm 12

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Camelhump

I have no Mouth - and ScummVm 12

Post by Camelhump »

I just DLed the latest 0.12 version (for OSX) and it still doesnt seem to recognize the game

I am obviously missing - something - but what Im not sure.

Any pointers?

Attempt to open game by:
'Add game'
point open dialog to folder containing I have no mouth
get error 'ScummVm could not find any game in the specified directory'

Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Do you have all the necessary files (see this list) in the folder you're pointing ScummVM to?
Camelhump

Files

Post by Camelhump »

No -
that could be the problem -

However, the files I have come from the official installation.
Is there an update to I have no mouth that I cant find (I looked around before ending up here to see if there had been some sort of update that would allow it to run natively).

again,
Thanks!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

There is no update, just make sure you got all the listed data files from the CD - you don't need to install the game
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Files

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Camelhump wrote: However, the files I have come from the official installation.
Is there an update to I have no mouth that I cant find (I looked around before ending up here to see if there had been some sort of update that would allow it to run natively).
In many cases, installing a game will only copy some of the files to your hard disk. According to Wikipedia, back when the game was released you could probably have fit the contents of a CD on a hard disk, but it would fill a substantial part of it. So only some files would be copied (because reading them from the hard disk is faster), and the rest would be read from the CD instead. ScummVM, on the other hand, assumes that all the files are stored together.

With most games you can simply copy all of the necessary files from the CD, without ever using the installation program. In some games that span over several CDs, you may have to rename some files so ScummVM can tell which one came from from CD. In some games, you have to run the installer because it unpacks files from a compressed archive.

If memory serves me (I can't check at the moment), with this game you can simply copy the files directly from the CD.
Camelhump

Post by Camelhump »

Great! Thanks! Ill try this evening