since I couldn't wait for version 0.8.0 to be released I started my own personal project to compile PocketSCUMM. I encountered several errors, but I chose not to bug the developers with my problems while they were stressed with the release and doing their bugfixes.
Well, now I tried to compile the 0.8.0 release sources - but alas I didn't succeed. This is what I did (I am trying to be as detailed as possible - maybe this could also lead to some detailed guide for other user how to compile PocketScumm):
1. downloaded Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 with Service Pack 4
2. downloaded Microsoft Pocket PC 2003 SDK
3. downloaded Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Developer Resources (don't know if that one is really necessary)
4. downloaded all the listed libraries at http://arisme.free.fr/ports/
0. The workspace file and the makefiles are in Unix file-format, they have to be converted to DOS format to be usable in MSEVC 4.0
1. Set all the include and library paths in MSEVC 4.0 (can be done by trial and error - the compiler will tell you what's missing)
2. patched SDL-1.2.6 source with the diff by arisme
3. set ASPECT_MODE to kVeryFastAndUglyAspectMode in /common/scaler/aspect.cpp - otherwise the compiler will encounter an internal error (I conclude from the CVS comments that this is a known bug)
4. The compiler now missed Key.cpp and Key.h in /backends/wince/CEkeys - found these files in the CVS repository attic (they have been removed 3 months ago)
5. Then it also missed CEActions.cpp and CEActions.h in /backends/wince (also removed 3 months ago). I checked the CVS, and to me its seems like they have been renamed to CEActionsPocket.cpp/.h and also enhanced
What I did then was create the files and #include the according CEActionsPocket.cpp/.h which let to an error because of double declaration (what a suprise). I then removed the two files from the project (ouch!) - but now at least it did compile ...
But now the whole project doesn't link:
I just don't know what to do now. Maybe this is because of the missing CEActions files. If so, it would be nice if Arisme (or one of the other PocketSCUMM developers if there are any) could provide the present content of the four files removed from the sources 3 months ago (removed by anotherguest). Maybe I just did something else wrong.Linking...
Creating library bin/ARMV4Rel/PocketSCUMM.lib and object bin/ARMV4Rel/PocketSCUMM.exp
scumm.lib(script_v90he.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl Scumm::floodFill(struct Scumm::FloodFillParameters *,class Scumm::ScummEngine_v90he *)" (?floodFill@Scumm@@YAXPAUFloodFillParameters@1@PAVScummEngine_v90he@1@@Z) r
eferenced in function "protected: void __cdecl Scumm::ScummEngine_v90he::o90_floodFill(void)" (?o90_floodFill@ScummEngine_v90he@Scumm@@IAAXXZ)
bin/ARMV4Rel/PocketSCUMM.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Thanks for every idea provided.