Afterlife engine

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

piksi

Afterlife engine

Post by piksi »

Hello everyone; seeing this game will never be ported to scummvm, I was trying to find out what engine does it use. Google hasn't been a friend of mine in this case so maybe you could know the answer. I want to try to find out any way to play that game on my pocketpc (not with a DOS emu, 'cos they are on pants) with a port of the engine or so.

Thanks in advance.
clem

Post by clem »

I doubt it uses some reusable engine which was used in more than one game. These simulation games usually are pretty much hardcoded.
piksi

Post by piksi »

Thanks for the answer. Being the only sim game made by LA, it seems i'll have to wait to a better DOSBox port or buying a better PDA
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

I've had zero trouble getting afterlife to work under XP with the windows release however the installer definitely is a problem. In the end I did a full DOS install under DosBox 0.72 and then built the setup.ini file to suit.

Afterlife is actually a SCUMM based game. Sorry Clem, if I hadn't known better already I'd have agreed with you. When it first came out one of the magazine reviews noted the unusual usage of SCUMM.

This page actually has the full production credits.