Leopard ate my scumm

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lemuel

Leopard ate my scumm

Post by lemuel »

Hi,
can anyone help with on how to run the scumm engine on the mac leopard os. It has swallowed classic and doesnt react to my clicking anymore. I cant live happily without monkey island, please help!
thanks a lot
clem

Post by clem »

I don't have a Mac, but I think you're looking for the Mac OS X Universal Disk Image, which you can find at the download page.
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

yeah - if you're trying to run the original game interpreters, then you're probably out of luck, as leopard doesn't support classic - but run scummvm instead and you'll be sorted 8)
filipetolhuizen

Post by filipetolhuizen »

The greatest mac os of all the time and they dropped support to it. If it were for me, apple would be working on a way to actually boot Mac OS 9 on macintels. :twisted:
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

it will never boot directly, at least not without rebuilding os 9, and either building something like rosetta into it or rebuilding all software for it too :shock: - but sheepshaver provides a workable alternative to classic, for running os9 inside of os x (edit: i see you already know about this filipe, but it might help others :) ).
filipetolhuizen

Sheepshaver is great, only a couple more things and it would be perfect:
Native 3D Hardware Acceleration
Mac OS versions up to 9.2.2
Faster processor on x86 platforms (always emulates a 100mhz G4)

For older SCUMM games, I guess Basilisk II JIT would be the best bet since it emulates 68k processors and those games were 68k based.
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/en/projects/basilisk2
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

filipetolhuizen wrote:For older SCUMM games, I guess Basilisk II JIT would be the best bet since it emulates 68k processors and those games were 68k based.
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/en/projects/basilisk2
I know at least from Indy4 and on, there is a PPC version. I think Rebel Assault has one too.
filipetolhuizen

I know at least from Indy4 and on, there is a PPC version. I think Rebel Assault has one too.
Indy 4 actually has a separate binary for PPC like The Dig, don't remember if Rebel Assault is FAT or PPC only.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

filipetolhuizen wrote:
Indy 4 actually has a separate binary for PPC like The Dig, don't remember if Rebel Assault is FAT or PPC only.
I meant that it had a separate binary. Rebel Assault has both binaries too.
lemuel

Post by lemuel »

thanks alot guys, i will try some of that stuff out