Broken Sword 2 - ERROR: Could not open light mask

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

That's the version for the PSP (that's why this thread is in the PSP subforum :) ). Are you experiencing this problem with your Windows version of ScummVM? If yes, at which point does this happen? Could you post your system specs?
artimid

Post by artimid »

md5 wrote:That's the version for the PSP (that's why this thread is in the PSP subforum :) ). Are you experiencing this problem with your Windows version of ScummVM? If yes, at which point does this happen? Could you post your system specs?
I'm sorry everybody. Yes, it is for the windows version. (Did n't notice the "psp port" on thread.
It happens at the gallery early on the game. I put the absinth in the critic's drink and then I search the package at the back of the room. George reads the label and says something about catching a train. After that, the debug screen shows up displaying the following message:

ScummVM 0.11.1 (Feb 28 20085 13:14:14)
Console is ready
Debugger stored, type 'exit' to return to game.
Type 'help' to see a little list of commands and variables.
ERROR: Could not open light mask

I have an Intel Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 2.50 GB RAM on XP SP2
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

There are a couple of things that could go be going wrong, but usually when someone is experiencing strange crashes it's because the data files are corrupted and/or truncated. (I don't know how or why this happens, but apparently it does.)

The game is split into several sections, with one data file for each. The scene you describe is right at the transition from one section (paris.clu) to the next (docks.clu). If there's a damaged data file, I would guess on docks.clu, but I don't know for sure if that's the one, or even if that's the problem.

Still, could you try copying the data files from your CD again, and see if that makes any difference?
artimid

Post by artimid »

eriktorbjorn wrote:There are a couple of things that could go be going wrong, but usually when someone is experiencing strange crashes it's because the data files are corrupted and/or truncated. (I don't know how or why this happens, but apparently it does.)

The game is split into several sections, with one data file for each. The scene you describe is right at the transition from one section (paris.clu) to the next (docks.clu). If there's a damaged data file, I would guess on docks.clu, but I don't know for sure if that's the one, or even if that's the problem.

Still, could you try copying the data files from your CD again, and see if that makes any difference?
That was exactly the problem. Thanks, you have my gratitude.