scumVM Problem on my 3.4 PSP.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

e4sy

scumVM Problem on my 3.4 PSP.

Post by e4sy »

Hello,

first sorry for my english..

I have a 3.4 PSP and install scumm 0.11.0 on it. When i start scumm i got the error *The Game could not be started 80020148*.

Can someone pleaaaase help me?

Thanks
EnterTheGMan

Post by EnterTheGMan »

I had the same problem, till I updated my PSP to version 3.80 now it just says corrupted data with ScummVM V.11. Can anyone assist with this problem I would be very greatful.

Many Thanks
e4sy

Post by e4sy »

i see the co lead fingolfin is german... so i post my question in german:

Hallo,

Ist es möglich scummVM auf einer PSP mit Original 3.4 zum laufen zu bekommen ohne sie downzugraden oder eine illegale firmware drauf zu spielen?

Danke

P.S. Bitte in deutsch antworten wenns möglich ist ^.^ mein english ist sehr bedürftig *räusper*
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

e4sy wrote:i see the co lead fingolfin is german... so i post my question in german:

Hallo,

Ist es möglich scummVM auf einer PSP mit Original 3.4 zum laufen zu bekommen ohne sie downzugraden oder eine illegale firmware drauf zu spielen?

Danke

P.S. Bitte in deutsch antworten wenns möglich ist ^.^ mein english ist sehr bedürftig *räusper*
I'm sorry, but this is an English speaking forum, so all messages should be in English only. If everyone started speaking in their native language, it'd be chaos
clem

Post by clem »

e4sy (paraphrased) wrote: Is it possible to run ScummVM on a PSP with original 3.4 firmware without downgrading or flashing an illegal firmware?
No. As far as I know you cannot run any homebrew on unaltered PSPs.

If you don't understand the answer, please say which parts you don't understand. We will explain then.

:)
e4sy

Post by e4sy »

How can I expect from 3.40 OFFICIAL! On a 3.XX M33 upgrade? Find than by upgrading from cfw 3.XX oe-x at 3.52 M33 ....

What is 3.XX oe-x?
jak66

Post by jak66 »

e4sy wrote:How can I expect from 3.40 OFFICIAL! On a 3.XX M33 upgrade? Find than by upgrading from cfw 3.XX oe-x at 3.52 M33 ....

What is 3.XX oe-x?
??? OK, i understand that english is not your main language, but that was as confusing as hell, so sorry in advance if this isn't related to your question.
e4sy wrote:How can I expect from 3.40 OFFICIAL!
Do you mean upgrade or install or something here, in place of expect? Well, to get to a homebrew capabile firmware, you have two options.

1) (Most common answer you will get now at a PSP forum) Use Pandora's Battery (Requires Jigkick battery and Magic Memory Stick)
2) Upgrade to 3.50 official and use the illuminati exploit

both will downgrade you to 1.50.
e4sy wrote:What is 3.XX oe-x?
Dark_AleX's third custom firmware series (1st-1.50 PoC, 2nd-2.71 SE, 3rd-3.XX OE, 4th-3.XX M33). Uses a 3.XX firmware (First used was 3.02, last was 3.40) along with the 1.50 firmware to allow homebrew AND official features. The X at the end of OE-X stood for the revision (3.02 OE was first, 3.02 OE-B was second, etc...).
e4sy wrote:On a 3.XX M33 upgrade? Find than by upgrading from cfw 3.XX oe-x at 3.52 M33 ....
That was the confusing part, could you possibly explain clearer what you mean?