Scaling and screen-position

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Laserschwert

Scaling and screen-position

Post by Laserschwert »

Being the proud owner of a P1i as of today, I was wondering if it's possible to implement upscaling to 320x240 into ScummVM. Of course the classic Scumm games were designed in 320x200, but with a pixel aspect ratio to fit a 4:3-monitor. If processing power is a serious issue here, there might be different algorithms for the different platforms. Plus there should at least be an option to display the ScummVM-screen centered, and without those blue-stripey background, since it somehow distracts from the game screen.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Alt+Left+Right arrow I think will do it. :-) Tricky keycombo though!
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Ah, yes, that worked, thanks!

But... I kinda can't get it to switch back (not that I need it, but I just wanna be able to :P ).

While being at this, is there a list with all the key-combos to the P1i, or how am I supposed to know about functions like this? (I even didn't know about how to use the icons in the lower right corner... what do I switch with the middle icon? Did I miss a readme-file?).

EDIT: OK, I see, the middle icon switches between left and right mouse button.
Infini7yx

Post by Infini7yx »

I also have that blu thing in the bottom of the screen. I'm using a SE W960i. How do I fill the screen. W960i doesn't have the same button layout as the P1i.
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

0+4 does that for us. Hold 0 and press 4 - and presto. But it doesn't look nice enough for me. I'd rather stick with the blue thing.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

latest version 0+4 on the W950/W960.0+2 for portrait/landscape. 0+3 is coming.. that is flipping.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Could you post a list of all P1i key-combos?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

There is only that one! Otherwise. Read the ScumVM manual and of course the WIKI
Rollkragen

Post by Rollkragen »

Alt+Left+Right doesnt work for me!
actually nothing happens
Am I doing something wrong? using p1i with newest scumm version...

but when I hit different keys, some actions like "talk to" are high-lighted, so are there more key-combos like Alt+Left+Right?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Rollkragen wrote:Alt+Left+Right doesnt work for me!
actually nothing happens
Am I doing something wrong? using p1i with newest scumm version...

but when I hit different keys, some actions like "talk to" are high-lighted, so are there more key-combos like Alt+Left+Right?
Basically it's just ALT (bottom right) + SHIFT (bottom left) + "any other key". I've got no idea, why it doesn't matter which one is the third key, but it works. For switching it back you have to release the buttons, before pressing them again.

A few functions can be defined in the options-menu under "keys". Te keys for individual games can be found in their manuals (they're basically the same as on the PC, since the P1i's keyboard works mostly like there).