Broken sword 2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Marcusgrail

Broken sword 2

Post by Marcusgrail »

I have been trying to get Broken Sword 2 run fine on the pssp port for a while now. The game does run but often it crashes when entering new locations or at the start of cutscenes. sometimes it just freezes then and other times the screen turns black and the psp shuts down after a few seconds.

I looked through the psp port forum for similar problems but can;t seem to find any or any solutions for the problem.

I am using the latest ScummVM psp port and am running the 3.51 m33 firmware on my psp.

I have only encountered this problem with BS 2 and Curse of monkey island. all other games run fine.

So any help on this subject would really be appreciated.
jak66

Post by jak66 »

Well, I don't own either of those games, so can't check, but I do have a couple of questions.
1) Are you running on 1.50 or 3.XX Kernal?
2) Do you have the downloadable custscenes for Broken Sword 2 (These ones)?
Marcusgrail

Post by Marcusgrail »

i'm running the 1.5 kernell as far as i know, and yes i have the correct cut scenes. I can play the game but just have to safe a lot. the game doesn;t hang on the same spots, seems to be random.
jak66

Post by jak66 »

I would suggest to format your memory stick, unless you already have, but it is entirely up to you, and may not even help what-so-ever. An afterthought to the previous questions, is the memory stick you are using 8Gb, more (I don't think there are yet but could be wrong) or smaller?