The Dig chrashes when i open the first door

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

The Hero

The Dig chrashes when i open the first door

Post by The Hero »

I recently started a new game on The Dig using the disc, and ScummVM 0.10.0. At first, no major problems, but then when I open the first door using the first (or second) engraved rods that you find (the purple one), the game freezes, and the debugger thingie comes up. I try typing in some text, but nothing happens, and I have to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to turn of ScummVM. I've tried multiple times getting through, changing settings, cleaning the disc, re-installing ScummVM, and nothing worked. I'm fairly certain that this problem hasn't happened before in ScummVM, since this is the first time i've played the game on this latest version of ScummVM (0.10.0).

So, has anyone else had a problem simmilar to this? I'm not sure wether something is wrong with the program or with the disc itself, which doesn't seem that reasonable, since I can see that the disc hasn't been damaged. Or maybe it's just getting old... :?
clem

Post by clem »

Currently release testing for 0.11.0 is underway, you might want to try with a recent daily build (SVN build) from the downloads page.

If copying all the files from CD to harddisk works it's likely that the disk is still good :)
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Well, you really shouldn't play off the disk, as you don't have any real guarantee something won't hang all of a sudden simply because there's a small scratch which is important in this particular moment. Besides, it also contributes to making more scratches, especially if you, like me, don't like to dismantle the CD drive every once in a while to clean its insides.
The Hero

Post by The Hero »

Well, I tried moving the files from the disc to the harddrive, but it didn't work, so it looks like the disc is somehow broken after all... :(

Guess I'll have to find the game again... It's a good thing that LucasArts re-released the classic games. Of course, that was a long while back, so it will probably be hard to find it...