To the ScummVM Team

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bobablob

To the ScummVM Team

Post by bobablob »

Thanks for the countless hours of joy you've brought to an overly nostalgic gamer. I hope you all walk with heads held high, you've made something almost magical.
brat_1
Banned

Post by brat_1 »

thank you from me too
Maganda

Post by Maganda »

I'll congratulate rather than thank you. Well done! :)
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

And I'll flash my breasts... although being male I doubt it will give you much pleasure and/or enjoyment, and may honestly just make things weird. Sooooooo... thanks anyways.
clem

Post by clem »

exofreeze wrote:And I'll flash my breasts... although being male I doubt it will give you much pleasure and/or enjoyment, and may honestly just make things weird. Sooooooo... thanks anyways.
maybe we could all vow to call our first born "ScummVM" instead

spread the word! :D
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

clem wrote:
exofreeze wrote:And I'll flash my breasts... although being male I doubt it will give you much pleasure and/or enjoyment, and may honestly just make things weird. Sooooooo... thanks anyways.
maybe we could all vow to call our first born "ScummVM" instead

spread the word! :D
I'd always imagined we'd call our first borns Ron. Dunno why, just a thought. (Talking of first borns, look on one of Grumpy Gamer comments, some guys called their son "Guybrush Wednesday")

I'll give a thanks too, I now have biyearly Adventure Game playthroughs that wouldn't be possible otherwise.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

iPwnzorz wrote: I'd always imagined we'd call our first borns Ron. Dunno why, just a thought. (Talking of first borns, look on one of Grumpy Gamer comments, some guys called their son "Guybrush Wednesday")
Statistics Sweden lets you do name searches to find out how common a name is in Sweden. A few searches reveal that there are:

6 men named "Sauron".
4 men named "Darth".
1 man named "Guybrush".

I'm not sure who got the worst deal here...

Of course, since you can have several names, these are not necessarily the names by which they are usually called.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Bizarre.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

while i may not name my kid ScummVM, I have joked about naming him/her barnacle. Kids sorta stick to ya like barnacles do, so it seems fitting...
NLS

Post by NLS »

or Blistering Barnacles as cpt. Haddock says...