Curse of Monkey Island Problem!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jakealot

Curse of Monkey Island Problem!

Post by Jakealot »

Ok so I play through the first half of the game, and then it gets to the part where it SHOULD ask me for the second disk. But instead a tan drop down bar comes down. saying ERROR (52.29:0xD44): BundleMgr: :open() Can't open bundle file: musdisk2.bun

I have tried just putting the second disk as separate game too, but SUMMVM just immeadiatly closes.

And no, im not playing directly from the disks. I am putting the disks in and copying them into different folders and loading them from there. Help!
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

Put both disks in the same folder. For the files with the same name on both disks: you can use either, they're afaik the same.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Have you read the README? It describes what files you need in detail:
For this game, you will need the comi.la0, comi.la1 and comi.la2 files. The
comi.la0 file can be found on either CD, but since they are identical it
doesn't matter which one of them you use.

In addition, you will need to create a "resource" subdirectory containing all
of the files from -both- "resource" subdirectories on the two CDs. Some of
the files appear on both CDs, but again they're identical.
Jakealot

Post by Jakealot »

Ahh ok. Thanks Chrisis. I wasn't sure if I had to replace the old files. I was a little scared to do that. :wink:
avocado

Post by avocado »

Hmm. I had the same problem. I have a new problem now...

I have a bought copy of Curse of Monkey Island, and I tried playing it off of the cd, which then malfunctioned when the second cd had to be inserted. I guessed this happened because the directory for the second cd automatically has a different name on a Mac.
So I painstakingly copied all of the files off of the cd and onto my computer, in one folder.
I have the correct files, I checked - "Resource" from both cds, "comi.la0", "comi.la1", and "comi.la2".
They also came off of a legal version of the game, so there should be no problem, right?

However, now when I get to the part where the second cd must be read, the game just quits.

Please someone help me. o_o
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

avocado wrote:So I painstakingly copied all of the files off of the cd and onto my computer, in one folder.
Aw come on, it's not that bad is it? :) You just drag and drop files, don't make it sound like it is a big deal :P

As for why it's not working... which scene does it stop at? It should display an error as to why it quit, check the console window. I'm not sure how to check the console on a Mac, but jimbob's post in this thread should be helpful:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=454