Some questions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Interlace84

Some questions

Post by Interlace84 »

First off, hats off to the entire ScummVM team and especially Joost for giving the community this great way of reliving those good old adventure days! In one word: Awesome.

Anyway, the reason I'm starting this topic is to ask a few things; like if it could be possible to release a seperate psp-build with FLAC support?
And also to ask for the ability to alter the clock speed of the cpu before starting a game. For example, some parts of COMI play exceptionally slow (the banjo duel part) and the use of compressed resources takes up some cpu power too, sometimes it feels like 222mhz just isn't enough. And other games like the AGI ones could easily be run at far less speed to increase battery life.

Also, in FOTAQ Jack's voice and others sounds like they're too low and slowed down to me, was this done intentionally during recording or maybe something scummvm-related? (running 0.10.0)

Thanks!
clem

Post by clem »

For flac support my guess is that if this isn't in the psp port there's a good reason for it (processor speed? it's not mentioned anywhere in the README or wiki afaik)

As for making CoMI faster: a quick forum search would have turned up http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4039

No idea about FOTAQ, is it different from when you run it on ScummVM on a PC? The voice acting in that game always seemed pretty mediocre to me.