Monkey Island 1! Yarr - No music to soothe me temper!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pippin

Monkey Island 1! Yarr - No music to soothe me temper!

Post by Pippin »

Here's me problem maties:

While the game has all the sounds like doors opening working, the music alas... Is gone.

So I want to know why my copy of MI1 ( Came in a set with 2, but they came in seperate folders, so no worries with that ) does not read 'ze music!

Oh yeah, please note that there is no music with the PC ScummVm version either, but it obviously includes the sound files as the files that I remember are sound-related in the Monkey1 folder are as follows if it helps: Soundblas.ims/Roland.ims/Speaker.ims/Adilb.ims/

There's also Monkey.001 and Monkey.000, I have no idea what they do.

But that's all.

Help ScummVm peers! :D

( P.S Thanks for everything on my last topic, and for making a portable ScummVm! ^_^ )
clem

Re: Monkey Island 1! Yarr - No music to soothe me temper!

Post by clem »

Pippin wrote:So I want to know why my copy of MI1 ( Came in a set with 2, but they came in seperate folders, so no worries with that ) does not read 'ze music!
I'm not sure I understand that statement
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

clem wrote:
Pippin wrote:So I want to know why my copy of MI1 ( Came in a set with 2, but they came in seperate folders, so no worries with that ) does not read 'ze music!
his copy of the game has both MI1 and MI2 on...

does your disc have any audio with it(does it work in your cd player) i suspect it won't cause i think i have the same game

check your computers volume levels 'start-->programs-->accessories-->entertainment-->volume control' make sure everything is unmuted and that there at 100%, both in basic and advanced(options-->properties)

it could be a few other things but this should kill some time
Pippin

Post by Pippin »

clem wrote:
Doesn't matter.

To Psyco, I realised you're right, I don't have the music, I guess I'll go find a download with the music file so I can play the game properly :\
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Pippin wrote:To Psyco, I realised you're right, I don't have the music, I guess I'll go find a download with the music file so I can play the game properly :\
no im confident you have it. but forum rule 0.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Pippin wrote:I'll go find a download with the music file so I can play the game properly :\
How about legally buying the game instead?
Anyway, you've violated forum rule #0. Go away, you won't get any help here.