I have no Mouth, and I must Scream

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GearsoftheApparatus

I have no Mouth, and I must Scream

Post by GearsoftheApparatus »

I just read on Wikipedia that I have no Mouth, and I must Scream was supported by the latest build of ScummVM, yet I cannot find anything in the compatiblity list that suggests this to be true. Can someone confirm whether or not this game is supported?

Thanks in Advance,

GearsoftheApparatus
clem

Re: I have no Mouth, and I must Scream

Post by clem »

GearsoftheApparatus wrote:I just read on Wikipedia that I have no Mouth, and I must Scream was supported by the latest build of ScummVM, yet I cannot find anything in the compatiblity list that suggests this to be true. Can someone confirm whether or not this game is supported?
according to ScummVM's own wiki, the game is partially playable, albeit not completable ( http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SAGA/TODO )

since it is not "officially" supported, there is no entry for it in the compatibility list. to test it, you'll have to get a daily build of ScummVM ( http://scummvm.org/downloads.php#SVN ) or build it yourself.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The demo is supported, so you can have a go at it

The game is NOT supported yet, there are still issues concerning it. There is still one known major issue to be resolved (a kind of objects used which have multiple frames), which causes several glitches at various points, and makes the game not completable and some more minor issues (e.g. fading, some dialogs have wrong colors etc). There is still work to be done, so please be patient until the engine is completed, and the game will be announced.

There are other game engines which are nearly (?) complete as well and haven't been announced, e.g. Lure of the Temptress. The rule of thumb is "if it's not announced or in the compatibility list, it's not supported"
Scarlatti

Post by Scarlatti »

I wonder if there's an effort to correct the original bugs of this game. As far as I can remember playing it all those years ago, it was quite buggy.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The original game does have bugs, yes. As with all the games supported by ScummVM, if the game's bugs can be fixed by a workaround in the code itself and not by any alteration in the game's data files, they are fixed (if possible)
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

(By the way, has anyone successfully ordered this game from the Harlan Ellsion Store lately?)
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

However, the engines may be in various states of operation and are not guaranteed to ever be finished. The ScummVM Team has stated that they will not respond to questions about unfinished engines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ScummVM

Maybe the bold text needs to be put in a lot bigger size :P