Somebody helps me?!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Laumil

Somebody helps me?!

Post by Laumil »

Hi everyone, I've got a DSLinker, and I have problems with scummvm.
The problem is that when I push "add game" I can't see any folder, so I can't add any game, why? what I'm doing badly?
I have put the games "atlantis, tentacle and samnmax", but I can't see them when I push add botton, even I can´t see any thing, is like if there's nothing in my DSLinker.

Someone helps me peeeeeese!!!!!
JiFish

Post by JiFish »

Hi,

You didn't say, but I'm assuming you are not using the zip method. Have you DLDI patched the ScummVM .nds file?
Laumil

Post by Laumil »

That's right JiFish, I did't use zip files, the instructions says it clearly. And I have use dlditool32 to patch files (a-f), is that correct??
I was thinking, maybe the DLDI for DSLinker is not the right one, ....??. I don't know, do you know where I can get the right DLDI, in <http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/> there's not any for DSLinker, so I had to search in google, and I found a DLDI that looks to be the right one. But I'm not sure... uf!! I'm vere confused.
Tell me something about.

And Thanks you.
JiFish

Post by JiFish »

If you can't find a DLDI that works, try using the zip method instead. I'm not sure if it suffers from the size limit in slot-1 devices. General question: Would it still be possible to save?

Also, I have heard that the MK5 DLDI works with some other slot-1 devices, so that might be worth a try.

Good luck.
Laumil

Post by Laumil »

When you say "zip method", what are you refearing to? to put the folders in zip into the card?, I've read that that's not works, doesn't it?.
I'll try to use MK5, and I will say something.

Please explain better what you mean whit zip method.

And thanks again dude.

PD: Your picture of simon2 is cool!!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Laumil

Post by Laumil »

I've tried the MK5 DLDI, and works like the DLDI that I already have, that means that my folders are still without apearing, I can't see any file... all of this is very rare!!!

I will try the zip method but in the instructions says that is a method for gba!

Any way... is there any thing that I have to do with the folders of the games before copy-paste on DSLinker?, because I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.
I'm thinking that I'm a good for nothing jejeje :oops: :lol:
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

i dont know if anyone who frequents these forums can answer that, we may not have it, so if you don't get a reply try the official DS linker forums*...

in the meen time i shall read the faq to try to find your answer, though its highly unlikely

maybe its a bug or something your doing wrong... either way i shall look into it for you

*you may want to ask for an upto date DIDI driver

EDIT: ive done some research, if i understand correctly, the zip method wont work, but what do i know?

ive found out that theres something called moonshell on your device, while i don't know what its about, it may be interfering with scummvm. is it possible to run scummvm without using moonshell? from what i understand its a program for browsing, like windows explorer. my guess would be to organize your folders like so...

moonshell DIR
scummvm DS/GBA
game 1 DIR
game 2 DIR

or put the files inside the moonshell directory like;

scummvm DS/GBA
game 1 DIR
game 2 DIR

this is merely an educated guess, probably wrong, but its worth a shot

EDIT2: there is no mention of DS linker on the port website, so it may just be incompatible, but apparently as long as you can patch it with the DIDI file it should work... this is probably nothing, but i thought i would just suggest it anyway, good luck!:)
Laumil

Post by Laumil »

That's right I posted on dslinker forum, and there's a person who use scummvm so that is not incompatible, (I have the right DLDI, is the DLDI that I had in the first moment) but that person is trying to answer the question too... I think you're more usefull, because your suggestions are better that the others.

It doesn't care how many folders I put on my dslinker, because I can't see any of them, I've tryed to organize them in many ways (You would be surprised how many ways jajajaja), and nothing. I have quited moonshell and nothing.

Ey dude!, How do you know that I have moonshell on my
device??????????.

I need good luck and better advices. :cry: .... :D
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Laumil wrote:Ey dude!, How do you know that I have moonshell on my
device??????????.
i read the faq...

but im out of idea's atm, try everything you can think of...
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

When you boot up ScummVM DS patched with your DS Linker DLDI, does it say:

DLDI Device:
DS Linker

Or something similar to that? If it doesn't say that, then you haven't patched it right.

Moonshell shouldn't be a problem for ScummVM, I have run it from Moonshell many times and it works fine.
Laumil

Post by Laumil »

Sorry to reply so late, but I've had many personal problems, anyway! my scummvm isn't wark yet

"When you boot up ScummVM DS patched with your DS Linker DLDI, does it say:

DLDI Device:
DS Linker "

No, it say:

DLDI Device:
"NAND FLASH CARD LIBFATNRIO"

Where can I get the right thing to make it work?
hospitalr

Post by hospitalr »

Laumil, first copy the folder with a game to the ROOT of your linker. if u startup scummvm you have to wait several seconds (up to 10-12) till the folder shows up in the scummvm console. thats irritating but works (tried it with monkey island1). thats a LAG nothing else.the only drawback with my DSLINKER is that it wont save the game (crash). maybe someone can give a hint how to tweaek the savegame settings for scummvm inside dsliniker menu (?)

ciao