3.40 OE-A question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thewizardinblack

3.40 OE-A question

Post by thewizardinblack »

Hi just bought a 2nd hand psp with this firmware (3.40 OE-A ) , scumm doesn;t really work as I'm not too sure how to load the games up, it does come up when "hovering" on the icon last time I pressed X the screen went black and nothing happened, and I'm scared of bricking it!! thanks
thewizardinblack

please someone reply!! I'm desperate!!
clem

Post by clem »

forum rule #11

48 minutes between posts, that has to be a new record
thewizardinblack

can you help with my problem dude?

(don't mean that in a rude/sarcastic way, genuinely need help, I have paypal)
clem

Post by clem »

nope, no idea about the PSP at all
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

You don't happen to have a 8gb memory card?
I too had this problem with SCUMMVM just turning the PSP off when executed so i made some research on the net and found out that the PSP can have problems reading homebrew that is past the 4gb on the memory card... Don't ask me why since i'm not an expert, but i removed loads of music and stuff (so i only had 600mb used space) and installed SCUMMVM again.
It started up without any problem!
jak66

Post by jak66 »

Daniel wrote:You don't happen to have a 8gb memory card?
I too had this problem with SCUMMVM just turning the PSP off when executed so i made some research on the net and found out that the PSP can have problems reading homebrew that is past the 4gb on the memory card... Don't ask me why since i'm not an expert, but i removed loads of music and stuff (so i only had 600mb used space) and installed SCUMMVM again.
It started up without any problem!
That would be Sony's problem. before firmware 2.XX (not entirely sure which, but it think it was 2.81) 8GB+ memory cards could only use the first 4GBs of the card.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Yeah i got it quite confirmed that this might be the problem.
Not only SCUMMVM was affected by this, other homebrews like roms for emulators and such that didn't run earlier got working once i freed space, moved the files from the PSP drive and back again so it was rewriten on the flash card.