i have 3.51 firmware and original GTA:LCS please help!!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thewizardinblack

i have 3.51 firmware and original GTA:LCS please help!!

Post by thewizardinblack »

ahoy there!!

as you can see in the subject is there anyway I can get the joys of scumm on my psp? it was 2.81 then my bro mistakenly upgraded it without knowing the implications, am I completely fucked?

p.s I live in camden town London, if anyone's nearby and is in need of the liberty city's umd, (probably useless to me now)or can help me with my dilemma drop me a line
cheers
jak66

Post by jak66 »

You're screwed,no exploit for 3.51...yet. Your 3 options are;
1)Keep your 3.51 and hope for an exploit soon.
2)Sell your PSP, then buy another, preowned, and hope it has 3.50- firmware on it.
3)Buy a modchip.
thewizardinblack

thanks man what's the chip thing? are they available in uk shops? might have to see if I could do a trade at gamestation or somewhere, what's the russian 3.51 MM I'm hearing about?
thewizardinblack

also saw on noobz site they're not planning on messing with 3.51 yet...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
jak66

Post by jak66 »

the 2 availible modchips (Undiluted Plantinum and Devolution) would not be sold in shops, you would have to order them online. Then you would need to be good with a soldering iron, or find someone who is so they can install it for you. This does void your warrenty, however, it does let you have 2 firmwares on your PSP at the same time (I don't have one so I'm not too sure of any more detail about them)

3.51 M33 is a custom firmware that combines 1.50 and 3.51. You need to be on firmware 1.50 or a custom firmware to install it though

The reason Noobz arn't working on a 3.51 downgrader is because they don't have an exploit yet.
thewizardinblack

cheers dude think I'll leave the modchip bit out of my league!! too technical!!

so basically in regards to noobz do you reckon they'll work on a 3.51 downgrade in the near future? I'm not a very patient guy!!

thanks

Post by Avatar76 »

Dude track down Noobz PSP battery unbricker, basically you're going to need a spare battery (should be able to buy one of these for not alot of money), and a spare memory stick. Once you get Noobz software you're going to need a mate with a hacked (open execution) PSP to run the software which will modify the firmware on the spare battery! It will also write firmware 1.5 installation to the spare memory card. The battery and the card are then used as a one two punch to get your PSP back to open execution heaven.