HIGH RESOLUTION SCUMMVM ICONS - CHECK EM OUT!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

spacetroll

Post by spacetroll »

Terrific icons! The only game in my ScummVM collection missing from the pack is The Black Cauldron... consider this a humble request! Again, great work.
thanius

The Black Cauldron

Post by thanius »

I can try to make all supported AGI games during the week, I'm glad you like the icons!
Mithrandir

Post by Mithrandir »

Wow, I haven't expected it that fast. Thx once again!
Cricri

Post by Cricri »

Nice, thanks :mrgreen:
Collector

Re: ON TODAY'S SPECIAL:

Post by Collector »

thanius wrote:...AND MANY MORE TO COME!
You have your work cut out for you with all of the AGI games -- KQ1,KQ2, KQ3, KQ4, SQ1, SQ2, LSL, PQ, Gold Rush!, The Black Cauldron, Manhunter 1, Manhunter 2, Donald Duck's Playground, just to name a few. Now shall we mention all of the fan AGI games?
thanius

AGI

Post by thanius »

I KNOW. It's depressing.
But I'll do a few at a time, and the fanbased will not be supported by me (because, you know; there's mostly no high resolution arts for them?).
The Humongous games will not be supported either (I mean, who DOES play Freddy Fish 45 - The Case of The missing Cod?)
Arantor

Big icons in WinXP?

Post by Arantor »

Remember it was said earlier about having big icons in Windows XP and that it couldn't be done?

I think I've found a way of doing it. Warning: not for the faint hearted, and might not work on IE 7 (does work on IE 6 though)

Basically I made an HTML page up with my regular background as a normal image (position: absolute; top:0px; left:0px), then each icon as a manual picture (position:absolute) on top.

Then I got Windows to use that HTML file as my desktop.

So hey, instant icons. How about links? Well, if you link to .bat files, Windows seems to just run them without any kind of prompting when you link like that, not sure why and it's probably been fixed in IE 7 anyway.

IE 6 is not my main browser, I'm a Firefox user, but I thought at least this is one thing IE 7 can do.

It looks kind of like this: (click to expand to its full 1280x1024 delight)

Apologies to Michael Whelan for the image being slightly mashed by IE's resizing (I will fix that at some point), and indeed for my crass copying it from his website's gallery and resizing it for my desktop.

(I know it's a bit messy but I've only just whipped it up, and I need to go to bed now... but the concept can be applied to anything really)
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: Big icons in WinXP?

Post by PsYcO »

Arantor wrote:Remember it was said earlier about having big icons in Windows XP and that it couldn't be done?

I think I've found a way of doing it. Warning: not for the faint hearted, and might not work on IE 7 (does work on IE 6 though)

Basically I made an HTML page up with my regular background as a normal image (position: absolute; top:0px; left:0px), then each icon as a manual picture (position:absolute) on top.

Then I got Windows to use that HTML file as my desktop.

So hey, instant icons. How about links? Well, if you link to .bat files, Windows seems to just run them without any kind of prompting when you link like that, not sure why and it's probably been fixed in IE 7 anyway.

IE 6 is not my main browser, I'm a Firefox user, but I thought at least this is one thing IE 7 can do.

It looks kind of like this: (click to expand to its full 1280x1024 delight)

Apologies to Michael Whelan for the image being slightly mashed by IE's resizing (I will fix that at some point), and indeed for my crass copying it from his website's gallery and resizing it for my desktop.

(I know it's a bit messy but I've only just whipped it up, and I need to go to bed now... but the concept can be applied to anything really)
i always wondered what the web tab done in display settings. clever, interpretation.

off topic: i love looking at peoples desktops, you can tell so much:D
thanius

Tell so much from people's desktops......

Post by thanius »

"And I would do anything for love, but I won't do that..."

Nice trick with the webintegration on the desktop, I'll put that up on the page later.
thanius

Large icons in XP

Post by thanius »

Hrm, I wonder if it's possible to use any scripting with the HTML-desktop in XP? That would be great, because you could move the icons around and stuff. Anyone knows if this is possible? Or even better, is there anyone hot at activex or javascript to test it out?
Cheers!
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Pretty sure it is, I used to have something similar to this as my desktop:
http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com/scr ... lock3.html
Until it drove me completely insane (about half an hour). Dunno any more detail tho.
Arantor

Post by Arantor »

It is possible to use JavaScript - there is actually a script in place in that very page, since IE 6 does not support native rendering of transparency in PNGs.

I found a script online which basically calls the DirectX renderer to render the transparencies.

As for moving the icons around, theory's good, but you still need to save the information somewhere... I hard-coded the values in with CSS but that's because once I had it in I didn't really want to move it.

I can post the entire source code if anyone's interested? It's really nothing fancy, I haven't even bothered making it valid HTML, just enough for IE to recognise it.
thanius

Post the code

Post by thanius »

You could post the code here for other XP-users.
I'll look into the coding part, I'm no javascript guru or anything (Haven't been working on it for a couple of years, mostly PHP nowadays) and see if we can get those icons movable! :D
thanius

Hrrm... Steal-ee-steal?

Post by thanius »

Check this out, I can probably work out something with this if it's supported in Internet Explorer?

http://home.austin.rr.com/spork/WindowM ... r-old.html
thanius

Sorry

Post by thanius »

thanius wrote:Check this out, I can probably work out something...
I'll just take that back. :P
Too much to do! Someone else?