7710 problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. the 0.8.2 is based on a "stable" 0.8 branch.. where we know the state of it. The CVS version is "under development" so you never know how well any particular might or might not work, but it is based on the latest code there is.

So "they" are the developers which has been working on improving and developing the ITE support of ScummVM.

So as a porter I am responsible for getting the games working as good as possible on the Symbian platforms, i.e working on backends and ensuring that ScummVM actually builds for the 8 different targets, and the four different compilers we are using, which is a challenge for each new day.

So I did the 0.8.2 build, and its an official ScummVM release, where as the CVS versions are not.
vne

Post by vne »

Thanks, good. Crystal clear.
Will be using CVS build then.
rajrules

Post by rajrules »

guys i m new to this forum i have a question
where can i get games for the scumm emulator....??

and where can i get the scumm emulator...???
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

rajrules wrote:guys i m new to this forum i have a question
where can i get games for the scumm emulator....??
But them, some of the older games are really hard to find ... for starters look in the bargain bins in shops or charity shops. Otherwise, ebay is your only answer.
rajrules wrote:and where can i get the scumm emulator...???
From the ScummVM download pages. Oh, it's not an emulator either .... it's a virtual machine.
vne

New SVN build with source of 20060610

Post by vne »

There are still some glitches on Nokia 7710. Screen keyboard seems to be bit off (alfanumerical characters, e.g. I have to press q instead of p for pause and so on)
It looks like I cannot quit from any game (have to kill scummvm process every time). And it has been OK before with cvs builds.
Still cannot skip intro in ITE.
No more music in gobliiins cd (track1.mp3, used to work before).

Thanks for supporting s90 platform!!!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! I will try to fix as many of the 7710 problems as possible. Biggest problem with that is that I can't build for the WINS emu any more, since ScummVM does n't support VC6 anymore. (template problems). The characters off should be a simple problem though. :-)

Thanks for the input btw.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! I think I found the cause of the lockups. Try disabling any screen and key press sounds.

These systems sounds have higher priority than scummvm, and causes the audiothread in scummvm to lockup since I am waiting for audio writes to complete, somehing that never happens.

But I think I have a working solution for that now.
megachus100

Post by megachus100 »

[How i could put fullscreen on SCUMMVM 0.9 7710??

PLEASEEEEEEEEE :cry:
vne

Post by vne »

Anotherguest wrote:Hi! I think I found the cause of the lockups. Try disabling any screen and key press sounds.
Yes, disabling screen and keys clicks somewhat helps. Now I can exit from all of the games. SamNMax no longer hangs at the end of intro!
However, still no mp3 tracks playing(I've tried even to change bitrate of my mp3 files to more common). Also no speach (only subtitles) in cd versions with mp3-compressed sound files (e.g sam'n'max cd). Something wrong with mp3 engine! Vorbis I haven't touched... ITE lockup seems to be not related to screen'n'keys sound issue.
still, things are getting better now!
vne

Post by vne »

megachus100 wrote:[How i could put fullscreen on SCUMMVM 0.9 7710??

PLEASEEEEEEEEE :cry:
As mentioned above, press simultaneously joystick central key and a-key(right-top) to swith between fullscreen and original resolution.
If I get your question right.?.
megachus100

Post by megachus100 »

And how i could save de games???

Sorry but i´m spanish and i don´t understand very well.
thank you :(
vne

Post by vne »

megachus100 wrote:And how i could save de games???
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Symbi ... _anyway.3F
In either joystick or cursor mode press "a" key or "a"+"b" to get on-screen menu . Then you can save and load.
vne

Kyrandia and new svn issues

Post by vne »

Kyrandia (voice version) doesn't want to load on Nokia 7710 - "Game files not found" I've replaced original kyra.dat with the one from www.scummvm.org. Does anybody succeded to run Kyrandia (voice version)?

Other voice versions are fine in latest svn build (17-09-2006) - now again sound in Sam'n'Max cd!!

Old issiue - alphanumeric keys of screen keyboard are still shifted by one (pressing "3" produce "2", pressing "Z" produce "Y" etc...)