MP3 Audio Problem...

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

stone_the_crows

MP3 Audio Problem...

Post by stone_the_crows »

Ok, I installed scummvm, put CD version of Monkey Island 1 on my hard drive, ripped the audio files as well, converted them into MP3, put them in the Monkey Island folder.
I must be over looking something. The readme was no help. Could someone tell me what I'm missing? Is it the sound driver(currently set to default), is it the sound font midi setting?
Or do the 24 MP3 files need to be put somewhere else? I'm at a loss.
Last edited by stone_the_crows on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Re: MP3 Audio Problem...

Post by clem »

stone_the_crows wrote:Ok, I installed scummvm, put CD version of Monkey Island 1 on my hard drive, ripped the audio files as well, converted them into MP3, put them in the Monkey Island folder.
I must be over looking something. The readme was no help. Could someone tell me what I'm missing? Is it the sound driver(currently set to default), is it the sound font midi setting?
Or do the 24 MP3 files need to be put somewhere else? I'm at a loss.
do you get sound in other programs?
did you name the mp3 files correctly?
does your scummvm version support mp3 playback?

clem
stone_the_crows

So far, this is my first time using scummvm. As far as the track names, they are listed like this: "01 Track 1.mp3" - "24 Track 24.mp3"

Not sure how to check the version of scummvm for mp3 playback. Please excuse the noobishness. :oops:
It is 0.9.0 if that helps.
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

ok you have to name them all like this track1.mp3, track2.mp3 and so on its hard i know but it toke me a long time and now i have sound on a second note as you ripped the music out of it the first would be called 2 track 2.mp3 as the first file on the cd would have been the data file and im sure you didnt rip that out so 2 track 2.mp3 has to be track 1.mp3 and so on and so forth on a 3rd note make sure all the music is in the same folder as the monkey island 1 folder hope that helps!
stone_the_crows

Ok, I just got done with copying and pasting the mp3 titles to match "track1.mp3" - "track24.mp3"... but no dice yet. Thanks for the input though. :)
Guess I'm still missing something.

-_EDIT_-
Yup, I was missing somthing. Turns out I took all the files from the CD to my hard drive and put them into one folder. What I did wrong was put all the mp3 files into the folder "containing" the different language folders for the game and not into the singular ENGLISH folder where scummvm was running the game itself.
:oops:

Moral of the story. To err is human... :lol:
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

aye most people make that mistake the thing is all you need is two files monkey.001 and monkey.000 those are the only two files you need for the game to run dont need anything else hope that helped as well!
stone_the_crows

Running as well as it did when I first bought the floppy disks in 1991. Hope that this SNAFU of mine will be of use to someone in the future...
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

if you have any more problems mate you just ask i had the same problem trying to get it on my psp and i forgot to name them lol