Escape from Monkey Island Possible Bug

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dark Ewok

Escape from Monkey Island Possible Bug

Post by Dark Ewok »

Running windows-x86-64-master-fe030bde and ran into a problem playing Escape from Monkey Island. When i go to give the government job contract to Elaine nothing happens and i can't do anything else. i still have control over pause and menus but can't continue. Thanks for the help.
Screenshot 2024-03-27 180420.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-27 180420.jpg (82.63 KiB) Viewed 559 times
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Escape from Monkey Island Possible Bug

Post by sev »

Forum rule 3a:
3a) Do not post bugreports here. See the FAQ answer on how to report bugs properly. The appropriate place for those is the Bug Tracker. Same goes for Feature Requests.
Escape from Monkey Island is not officially supported precisely because it has a bunch of bugs.

Eugene
Dark Ewok

Post by Dark Ewok »

It used to work. Played it all the way through when it was ResidualVM
Nostalgia673

Post by Nostalgia673 »

Same here. I used to play EFMI from beginning to end, but unlike GRIM FANDANGO & MYST 3 & The Longest Journey, the other Residual VM games, EFMI doesn't work anymore. I'm on a Mac and now it won't work at all, & I've been downloading only the daily builds every so often just to see if EFMI works. Keeps on saying GAME ID not supported, it used to play though, very frustrating.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Nostalgia673 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:29 pm Same here. I used to play EFMI from beginning to end, but unlike GRIM FANDANGO & MYST 3 & The Longest Journey, the other Residual VM games, EFMI doesn't work anymore. I'm on a Mac and now it won't work at all, & I've been downloading only the daily builds every so often just to see if EFMI works. Keeps on saying GAME ID not supported, it used to play though, very frustrating.
This issue is different than the bug(s) reported in the previous posts.

Are you sure you've downloaded a daily build from the "ScummVM latest Branch master" column (aka a 2.9.0git version build) of this page? The game launches fine with a daily build on Windows. I don't think Mac would be different in this regard.

EFMI is a special case compared to the other ResidualVM games, as it is marked as "unstable" engine, and therefore is not currently supported by any stable official releases.
Nostalgia673

Post by Nostalgia673 »

Ooops. Been downloading it from Stable future. Watch this, it'll work this time. lol Edit: It works! It worked before. Maybe I got confused with column 1 and column 2 in the middle of repeated downloading each version as they released.