How do I get "Orion Burger" running on ScummVM? Game isn't detected correctly, see screenshot inside

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Luca_sp

How do I get "Orion Burger" running on ScummVM? Game isn't detected correctly, see screenshot inside

Post by Luca_sp »

Hello,

since recently "Orion Burger" is officialy supported by ScummVM. I own the original game cd, and when I start ScummVM the game is recognized, but instead of running correctly this happens:
orion_burger_scummvm_fail.png
orion_burger_scummvm_fail.png (52.69 KiB) Viewed 583 times
ScummVM wants me to choose between the options above. But there is no "Orion Burger" listed. What is wrong?

I'm from Germany and it's the German version of the game. Is this why it doesn't work?

THX
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: How do I get "Orion Burger" running on ScummVM? Game isn't detected correctly, see screenshot inside

Post by Praetorian »

"Orion Burger" is supported for testing with the daily development builds. It's not, as of yet, considered stable, so it won't run with the official stable 2.8.0 version of ScummVM.

We do appreciate any feedback from anyone who is testing it with ScummVM, though.

You need to download a daily development build (2.9.0git) (column "ScummVM latest Branch master" on this page) for your system and use that one to add and run the game.

If it's still not detected properly or you encounter any other bugs, please use the ScummVM bug tracker to report them.
Quick instructions on how to report an issue are here
Luca_sp

Re: How do I get "Orion Burger" running on ScummVM? Game isn't detected correctly, see screenshot inside

Post by Luca_sp »

Thanks! I will try a daily development build.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Praetorian wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:20 pm If it's still not detected properly or you encounter any other bugs, please use the ScummVM bug tracker to report them.
Quick instructions on how to report an issue are here
Unless I'm mistaken, there are problems actually. See https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/14875

The game should be unambiguously detected, but the detector still does "fallback detection" and suggests a bunch of other games. But I don't know enough about the detector to suggest a fix for that.

Once you've selected the appropriate game, it should work though. (I hope. I haven't actually played the game yet.)
invwar

Post by invwar »

I have soroly tested it, I expect at least only minor bugs left. The game should be stable enough for enjoyment. Just make sure to save at least every now and then, because the game can still crash.