Lets Do the Time Warp Again, Or Burger Chow Awaits

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Lets Do the Time Warp Again, Or Burger Chow Awaits

Post by dreammaster »

A poor test subject is doomed to repeat an hour over and over again. Trying desperately to prove his species worth as something better than merely meat to be ground into intergalactic fast food burgers.

The ScummVM Team is pleased to announce full support for Orion Burger, the classic game by Sanctuary Woods. The engine also adds a few niceties that the original didn't have, such as mouse wheel handling, and using the spacebar to skip walk animations - something the original didn't do properly.

Help us test the game by grabbing a daily build. Read through our testing guidelines. The game's logic was all hardcoded, so we really need people to try all sorts of weird actions, and make sure the game handles everything correctly and matches the original implementation. And please take some screenshots along the way.

Now, luck be with you. And remember, with the aliens cheating on the tests they set up for you, this will be no easy task.
invwar

Re: Lets Do the Time Warp Again, Or Burger Chow Awaits

Post by invwar »

Was able to finish the game, still not very stable (Windows 64bit), but playable. Continue reporting all bugs.
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

I have already reported.... the daily build for windows (as exe it's not anymore available for download) the correct procedure it's download the current stable 2.8.0 and extract in same folder the Master zip from buildbot ?
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

DjDiabolik wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:46 pm I have already reported.... the daily build for windows (as exe it's not anymore available for download) the correct procedure it's download the current stable 2.8.0 and extract in same folder the Master zip from buildbot ?
That may indeed be the easiest way since the daily builds, at least for Windows, don't include the other needed libraries like SDL. Just make sure when you run the overwritten executable that in the launcher title it says 2.9 git, and not 2.8.0
invwar

Post by invwar »

I am downloading from the buildbot page: https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/dailybuilds
If you want to enjoy the game, I rather recommend currently the Win9x branch, as the new Windows branch seems to have issues with memory leaks in the game. Reported already several issues with the 64bit version.