Mac OS X Intel x64 latest stable daily build says it's damaged.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nostalgia673

Mac OS X Intel x64 latest stable daily build says it's damaged.

Post by Nostalgia673 »

I downloaded the latest Mac OS X stable daily build & when I tried to run it, it says it's damaged. I downloaded it again, tried to run it & again says it's damaged. But when I downloaded the official release, it worked fine. So what's wrong with the Mac OS X Intel64 daily build ports of ScummVM
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Mac OS X Intel x64 latest stable daily build says it's damaged.

Post by criezy »

I can confirm the issue. It seems that there is an issue with the code signing of the Sparkle bundle included in the ScummVM application (to manage updates).
We recently migrated to using Sparkle 2, so this is probably related. But we will need to investigate further why signing the new bundle seems to fail for daily builds while it works (at least for me when I do it locally).

In the meantime you can re-sign the bundle locally after download, which should fix the issue. This can be done in a Terminal with the following command (you may need to use the full path to ScummVM.app, which can be added by dragging and dropping the ScummVM.app from the Finder to the Terminal window):

Code: Select all

codesign -s - --deep --force ScummVM.app
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Also please do not make several posts on the same topic (I deleted your other post).
Nostalgia673

Post by Nostalgia673 »

Edit: Fixed it. Mac has trust issues on the new daily builds starting with the current one. I had to manually tell it to trust the daily build. Now it works.