Syberia 1 & 2 crash OpenGL android 13 - ScummVM 2.8

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Norskat

Syberia 1 & 2 crash OpenGL android 13 - ScummVM 2.8

Post by Norskat »

Hello,
I try Syberia on android 13 device with the ScummVM 2.8 version, but when I launch with rendere "OPENGL with Shader", I've got a crash :
"Couldn't create Terenderer for selected renderer ! " (same issue with Syberia 2)

I take a look in the wiki page about graphic settings but find anything

When I put in the only other option "software", the software launch but is unplayable (very too slow), and i've got another crash quickly in the hotel after clicking on the toy bell ringer, this time is for lack of memory (I don't have the exact message, but it seems not important as the software option is not "payable")
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Syberia 1 & 2 crash OpenGL android 13 - ScummVM 2.8

Post by Praetorian »

Norskat wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:27 am Hello,
I try Syberia on android 13 device with the ScummVM 2.8 version, but when I launch with rendere "OPENGL with Shader", I've got a crash :
"Couldn't create Terenderer for selected renderer ! " (same issue with Syberia 2)

I take a look in the wiki page about graphic settings but find anything

When I put in the only other option "software", the software launch but is unplayable (very too slow), and i've got another crash quickly in the hotel after clicking on the toy bell ringer, this time is for lack of memory (I don't have the exact message, but it seems not important as the software option is not "payable")
These are now known issues (the crash in OpenGL mode, and a crash while playing in software mode) that were not caught before the 2.8.0 release.

We've had some quick reports about them on Discord on the android-support and ios-support channels (the issues are the same on ScummVM for iOS).

The developer of the engine, mduggan, is looking into a fix for these. There's no ETA for it though I'm afraid.

Relevant quote from discord:
(...) it seems like because android only supports GLES it doesn't work with my GL code (...)
https://discord.com/channels/5812240605 ... 6518267904
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Syberia 1 & 2 crash OpenGL android 13 - ScummVM 2.8

Post by Praetorian »

A bug ticket was opened on the tracker to track the progress for the resolution of these issues:
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/14823