How do I Find My Saves on Steam Games for Bug Reporting?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ArthurWalden

How do I Find My Saves on Steam Games for Bug Reporting?

Post by ArthurWalden »

I would like to report an apparent bug on Steam version of Space Quest 1 VGA played through ScummVM. I would like to include a save game with the report, but I do not know how to find my saved games on Steam. (They are not under c:\...\Steam\steamapps\common.) Can someone help me? Thank you.
fibs

Re: How do I Find My Saves on Steam Games for Bug Reporting?

Post by fibs »

My saves are under "%APPDATA%\ScummVM\Saved Games" which you can copy paste without "" in the Explorer bar.
Red_Breast

Re: How do I Find My Saves on Steam Games for Bug Reporting?

Post by Red_Breast »

Not sure if the location of ScummVM saves or Steam saves is asked for.

A post by TotallyRealName on the Reditt thread names a few of the locations for Steam saves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments ... ced_in_the

"It can be stored in 3 places. Usually it's your system drive>users>your user name>appdata and the subfolders like roaming, localLow, local. Others are stored in your documents folder and documents>my games folder. And some games store save data either in their install folder or steam>userdata>game's appID"

With the appID, you have to find the game's appID. (No sh** Sherlock!) I think the website SteamDB might help with that.

There's also a folder titled Saved Games in the user folder where I've noticed my Nightdive Quake 2 and Frontier Planet Coaster saves, both games purchased from Steam.