Lands of Lore - laginess/slowdown in 2.7.1

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Beanstalk

Lands of Lore - laginess/slowdown in 2.7.1

Post by Beanstalk »

The version of LOL I'm using came with a preconfigured version of ScummVM v2.0.0; unfortunately, a bug in that version caused an almost impossible to avoid (related to a specific enemy) crash in the Urbish Mines. To save the playthrough, I downloaded the latest version, and replaced the old one while keeping it's scumm.ini file.

This worked, but with the new version I am experiencing brief (~ 1 second, sometimes up to maybe 3) but very noticeable visual slowdowns. These are most noticeable when turning right/left and with spell animations, but also occur e.g. when opening the inventory screen.

I tried starting ScummVM directly (without using the original .ini file) and starting the game with everything set to default, but no change. CPU usage hovers around 5% and spikes to a maximum of maybe 30 (with no correlation to the slowdowns as far as I can tell).

Doubt it's related, but just in case: I also noticed that a single sound effect (that I've noticed) sounds different after the version change: The one of bumping into walls.

Any ideas?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: Lands of Lore - laginess/slowdown in 2.7.1

Post by digitall »

Does this occur if you start from a clean New Game with no savegames present? If so, then please file a bug at bugs.scummvm.org including where you got the game from (GOG?) and Operating System etc.