Miyoo Mini+ Grim Fandango/Escape from Monkey Island

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kajji08

Miyoo Mini+ Grim Fandango/Escape from Monkey Island

Post by Kajji08 »

Okey this has now turned into a two part question..

I was trying to get my favorite game of all time, Grim Fandango, to run on my Miyoo Mini+.. Following the Wiki with the appropriate files everything in order.

Launching it I'm getting an error saying grim-patch.lab file is missing, but that is not the name of the actual patchfile? Does this mean I need to apply the patch to the files before transfering them to the ScummVM gamefolder, I'm a bit confused by this what it means that you "need" the patch file. Tried out launching Escape from Monkey Island and ran into the same thing, this time its "monkey4-patch.m4b" missing, cant find it online and yet again doesnt match the actual patch executable mentioned in the wiki.

At this point I simply thought to myself, okay its not supported, hardware is too weak to run 3D games like this and thats the reason for the patching error.. even a simpler game like Curse of Monkey Island had some slowdown in the audio so that was my guess... but theeeeeeen...

I find another ScummVM on the Mini that is refered to as "ScummVM-Standalone" and all of a sudden... Grim, Broken Sword and Curse is running perfectly and I'm as happy as can be.

Questions: What is the difference between these ScummVM versions? Is the patchfile applied automatically by ScummVM? Seems strange if it works with one version and the other gives an errormessage thats why im wondering if its working as intended or the game is simply launched without the patch.
fibs

Re: Miyoo Mini+ Grim Fandango/Escape from Monkey Island

Post by fibs »

Probably how it's compiled or configured.

scummvm-2.7.0-miyoomini.zip has /App/scummvm/engine-data/ which has grim-patch.lab, so if you specify that folder in ScummVM's settings (Global Options / Paths / Extra Path:) it should work.
Kajji08

Re: Miyoo Mini+ Grim Fandango/Escape from Monkey Island

Post by Kajji08 »

fibs wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:09 am Probably how it's compiled or configured.

scummvm-2.7.0-miyoomini.zip has /App/scummvm/engine-data/ which has grim-patch.lab, so if you specify that folder in ScummVM's settings (Global Options / Paths / Extra Path:) it should work.
Aright, I'll give it a go and see if it will run as good as this standalone version thing. Appreciate the help.